• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see the REAL 1st appearances -- "1st panels" wanted !

148 posts in this topic

potentially qualifying as "what could possibly be cooler than this?!", an online search found this image from Scoop!...the OA for the 1st appearance and origin of The Green Lantern !

1430414-greenlantern.jpg

gossip.gif That's not it.

Here is the first page of All-American #16 (from a coverless copy for sale on eBay).

1431390-aa16pg1.JPG

The Green Lantern is so cool. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I posted the cover to the Flash #1 that I got in the mail today, cracked it out of the slab, and am going to show the first appearances here! This book really gives you bang for your buck! I love golden age anthology books!!!

flash1splash.jpg

cliffcornwall.jpg

hawkman.jpg

johnnythunder.jpg

thewhip.jpg

I posted the cover to the Flash #1 that I got in the mail today, cracked it out of the slab, and am going to show the first appearances here! This book really gives you bang for your buck! I love golden age anthology books!!!

flash1splash.jpg

cliffcornwall.jpg

hawkman.jpg

johnnythunder.jpg

thewhip.jpg

hail.gifacclaim.gifhail.gifacclaim.gifhail.gifacclaim.gif

As an adendum to the Flash #1 and the ads shown previously; More Fun 50 is dated a month earlier and shows a fairly weak ad for Flash comics #1 but there are circular drawings of Flash, Hawkman etc. Just an interesting tidbit. I had a copy of MF 50 and thought it was kind of neat. I looked for the old scan but couldn't find it.

hawkman.jpg

See, that right there is a huge argument in favor of cracking slabs. Who knew the first Hawkman logo had such a strong Asian influence? Very, very cool.

Is it my imagination, or does Hawkman have a rear end that belongs more on Wonder Woman ? tongue.gif

Thanks for these panels. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Flash Comcis #1...at the top of my grail list.

You are very welcome!

Bill,

please feel free to crack some more keys out of their case and post similar scans...I'm staying up late tonight! popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

You buying the drinks?

Thanks for these panels. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Flash Comcis #1...at the top of my grail list.

You are very welcome!

Bill,

please feel free to crack some more keys out of their case and post similar scans...I'm staying up late tonight! popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

You buying the drinks?

sorry....no can do. I'm broke....all my money went to buying 19th century cartoon books at 20X guide, because all of a sudden they have been classified as "comic books" by one person (Bob Beerbohm)....damn things don't even have word balloons! tonofbricks.gif