• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see the REAL 1st appearances -- "1st panels" wanted !

148 posts in this topic

I would LOVE to see, and I'm sure others would also, the TRUE 1st appearance of a key or semi-key character....but it requires opening your books!

The cover images of Detective 27, Adventure 40 , Pep 22 , All American 16 and Action 1 are forever burned in my memory....but I don't remember ever seeing from the interior of these books the actual, actual, actual true 1st appearance, which would be the "1st panel" the character ever appeared in. As my contribution, which was posted with some fanfare in another thread....here is the 1st panel/1st appearance of 'Bob Scully the Two Fisted Hick Detective' by Humor form 1933...I would appreciate others sharing theirs!

1426407-scully.jpg

1426407-humor-set003%282%29.jpg

1426407-humor-set003(2).jpg.2abcd45b3f4cb7250cc17b858dbc86ff.jpg

...and I found this image online -- this page is from Action #1. I'm not sure if it's the 1st page, but it sure reads like it is...if so, here is the big one!

1426972-supe.jpg

I have never read any reprint (or original insane.gif ) from Action #1

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it

Can someone with an All Star 3 post the first panels or page with them all together

I will own a All Star 3one day..... I SWEAR Christo_pull_hair.gif

** Also love to see first Spectre and Dr.. Fate panels/pages

Thanks for any and all help. flowerred.gif

I know it's not gold, but I really love this first appearance and I like this new thread.

wolverinenl8.jpgflowerred.gif

But Overstreet syas that thats only a cameo not his first appearance gossip.gif