• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm another newbie--just wanted to say hello

36 posts in this topic

Hi forumites,

I have had a great time reading your posts, seeing your impressive books, and learning the ropes. It's very discouraging to hear about the many e-bay scam artists, the thieves who steal comics at conventions, and the few dealers who are dishonest. But--this forum is why i have faith in comic book collecting and why I am back to pursue this hobby after 20 years. And---the majority of you seem to be very nice, trustworthy, and decent. thumbsup2.gif

johnny

Hi forumites,

I have had a great time reading your posts, seeing your impressive books, and learning the ropes. It's very discouraging to hear about the many e-bay scam artists, the thieves who steal comics at conventions, and the few dealers who are dishonest. But--this forum is why i have faith in comic book collecting and why I am back to pursue this hobby after 20 years. And---the majority of you seem to be very nice, trustworthy, and decent. thumbsup2.gif

johnny

Don't be discouraged. You've come to the right place. I can't tell you how much i've learned in the time i've been here.

Welcome to the Boards!! yay.gif

Welcome to the boards. thumbsup2.gif

I came back a couple years ago (doesn't seem that long) after about a 20 year layoff myself. Tell us a little about your collecting interests or what you plan on collecting after such a long hiatus.

Thanks for the welcome grin.gif

I collected the first time during the early to mid-1980's, so I have a lot of those books (mainly DC and Marvel). I recently went through all of those and found 17 copies of Secret Wars #8 (1st Spiderman black costume) which look about 9.6 to me. Most of my books are X-men (ie: 98-180's). This time around I am interested in Golden Age and Silver Age DC and Marvel/Timely, since those are the books I always wanted and could not afford back then. My most wanted comic back then was JLA #1 and still is. Let me know if anyone comes across a high-grade issue (CGC 8.5 or better) with at least off-white pages.

johnny

Thanks for the welcome grin.gif

I collected the first time during the early to mid-1980's, so I have a lot of those books (mainly DC and Marvel). I recently went through all of those and found 17 copies of Secret Wars #8 (1st Spiderman black costume) which look about 9.6 to me. Most of my books are X-men (ie: 98-180's). This time around I am interested in Golden Age and Silver Age DC and Marvel/Timely, since those are the books I always wanted and could not afford back then. My most wanted comic back then was JLA #1 and still is. Let me know if anyone comes across a high-grade issue (CGC 8.5 or better) with at least off-white pages.

johnny

My advice is:

The king is Greggy...................with 30K plus posts. And what ever you do don't argue with JC because he is like the Brain in Escape from NY City.. And Bronzebruce is the Dali Lama.......

Yasoo, Ti Kanis

hi.gif

I guess it's true that all Greeks know each other. poke2.gif