• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dad & Son's new "Fire sale" eBay auctions, you'll be surprised!!

28 posts in this topic

Hey gang, news.gif

I've added some new books, including my Fantastic Four #1 on eBay with NO RESERVE!! Before someone decides to make a comment that I'm crazy... here's my justification.

In light of some recent events that my, nearly 3 year old, son was involved in. I've seen the big picture. FAMILY is #1 to me. Not this paper that I've spent way too much time on instead of him. So, I've decided to let it all ride and use whatever funds come from it on him to enjoy and have fun, like a trip to Disneyland. I feel just sick that I've vested more into this hobby then him recently and I'm not regretting my decision to let these go. At this point, it's as good as "toilet paper" to me. I feel just awful and I'm going to vest everything into him. I'll still collect but just not with the same passion I once had. So in light of my family's close call it'll be someone's good fortune.

Anyways, this isn't a plea for pity...but justification of why I'm doing what I'm doing.

Enjoy!!!

eBay Firesale !!!

I've seen the big picture. FAMILY is #1 to me. Not this paper that I've spent way too much time on instead of him. So, I've decided to let it all ride and use whatever funds come from it on him to enjoy and have fun, like a trip to Disneyland. I feel just sick that I've vested more into this hobby then him recently and I'm not regretting my decision to let these go.

Good call - kids are only young once, so enjoy your family now and forget about the funny books. They'll still be around when the kids are all growed up.

Good luck with your auctions.

In light of some recent events that my, nearly 3 year old, son was involved in. I've seen the big picture. FAMILY is #1 to me.

It's refreshing to see the emphasis be placed on whats truly important. I made a very tough decision 7 years ago about my employment and how it was impacting my family.

For years I travelled extensively selling medical equipment all over the world. The money was great (wished I would have started collecting again back then foreheadslap.gif ) I stayed in some of the best hotels, ate in the best restaurants all over the world. Once my children were born it no longer was fun and I found myself focusing more on what my family was doing, how were they getting along without me and the impact it would have years later knowing their father was never around.

40% of my trips took me away for a week at a time. Other trips could last as long as three weeks depending upon the destination. My wife and I discussed it and we paid off whatever debt we could, simplified our lives and I was able to walk away and take a job that paid me less in salary than I had paid in taxes the year before.

Have I ever looked back? Not once. I sit there while I am reading bed-time stories or showing them in the comics who is a hero and who is a villan and I realize that there is no amount of money (or things) that could ever replace that.

I also hear about all the problems the other sales reps have with their kids and that just reinforces to me that I made the right decision.

In light of some recent events that my, nearly 3 year old, son was involved in. I've seen the big picture. FAMILY is #1 to me.

It's refreshing to see the emphasis be placed on whats truly important. I made a very tough decision 7 years ago about my employment and how it was impacting my family.

For years I travelled extensively selling medical equipment all over the world. The money was great (wished I would have started collecting again back then foreheadslap.gif ) I stayed in some of the best hotels, ate in the best restaurants all over the world. Once my children were born it no longer was fun and I found myself focusing more on what my family was doing, how were they getting along without me and the impact it would have years later knowing their father was never around.

40% of my trips took me away for a week at a time. Other trips could last as long as three weeks depending upon the destination. My wife and I discussed it and we paid off whatever debt we could, simplified our lives and I was able to walk away and take a job that paid me less in salary than I had paid in taxes the year before.

Have I ever looked back? Not once. I sit there while I am reading bed-time stories or showing them in the comics who is a hero and who is a villan and I realize that there is no amount of money (or things) that could ever replace that.

I also hear about all the problems the other sales reps have with their kids and that just reinforces to me that I made the right decision.

hail.gif

I decided to stop coaching HS football due to missing time with my son. I was going from football season into wrestling (which is still do) and being gone until 7:00 every night during both seasons wore on me. The kicker was after wrestling season was over and Aidan was about 1, he had seen so little of me, and so much of Anna that when she would leave to go somewhere, he would cry for 30 minutes or more. He had forgotten who I was so to speak and it broke my heart. I am helping with football at the middle school, but I wont do that again. Missing too much time with my boy. Now, when wrestling season starts, he will be able to hang out with me at practice yay.gif So I will be able to spend more time with him than in the past.

hail.gif

I decided to stop coaching HS football due to missing time with my son. I was going from football season into wrestling (which is still do) and being gone until 7:00 every night during both seasons wore on me. The kicker was after wrestling season was over and Aidan was about 1, he had seen so little of me, and so much of Anna that when she would leave to go somewhere, he would cry for 30 minutes or more. He had forgotten who I was so to speak and it broke my heart. I am helping with football at the middle school, but I wont do that again. Missing too much time with my boy. Now, when wrestling season starts, he will be able to hang out with me at practice yay.gif So I will be able to spend more time with him than in the past.

thumbsup2.gif

No reason to justify why you are doing it.

When it comes down to a choice between pieces of paper with some color on it or your children, there is nothing to think about.

I'm very impressed with your comments gentlemen!! It's truly touching to see what is important to us!!! Yes... It's sad that it takes a dramatic event to sometimes be the eye opener or slap in the face to put things in perspective. I guess life was going to good to appreciate what I had right at home. Well... that's not going to happen now. I don't hold ill will to the hobby, but when it comes to negotiating over prices on books.... I could care less. If I take a huge monetary loss... I won't even bat an eye as I have my son and I'll read him comics ( in god for bid ...poor condition. ) those will be the books that have the most value to me!!! thumbsup2.gif

very nice looking family Nikos61!!! thumbsup2.gif

I've posted this pic in the "so what do you look like thread" but maybe it's appropriate to display my "little man" and the reason I'm doing what I'm doing!!

Untitled1.jpg ( Daddy stealing his horse while amused by Mom, taking the picture )

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Couldn't agree more with all of you...I have three great passions in my life...family, comics and The Gators. Wish I had all the time I wanted for all three (and sometimes I do let my priorities get mixed up)...but the family MUST come first!

I've seen the big picture. FAMILY is #1 to me. Not this paper that I've spent way too much time on instead of him. So, I've decided to let it all ride and use whatever funds come from it on him to enjoy and have fun, like a trip to Disneyland. I feel just sick that I've vested more into this hobby then him recently and I'm not regretting my decision to let these go.

Good call - kids are only young once, so enjoy your family now and forget about the funny books. They'll still be around when the kids are all growed up.

Good luck with your auctions.

Ditto!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

hail.gif

Wrestling coaches are cooler anyway!! thumbsup2.gif

Hey gang, news.gif

I've added some new books, including my Fantastic Four #1 on eBay with NO RESERVE!! Before someone decides to make a comment that I'm crazy... here's my justification.

In light of some recent events that my, nearly 3 year old, son was involved in. I've seen the big picture. FAMILY is #1 to me. Not this paper that I've spent way too much time on instead of him. So, I've decided to let it all ride and use whatever funds come from it on him to enjoy and have fun, like a trip to Disneyland. I feel just sick that I've vested more into this hobby then him recently and I'm not regretting my decision to let these go. At this point, it's as good as "toilet paper" to me. I feel just awful and I'm going to vest everything into him. I'll still collect but just not with the same passion I once had. So in light of my family's close call it'll be someone's good fortune.

Anyways, this isn't a plea for pity...but justification of why I'm doing what I'm doing.

Enjoy!!!

eBay Firesale !!!

First Family.........

Second Friends...

Third Charity/Time/Donation/Good Will etc........

Fourth (whatever else is left)

I think you've got it right....good luck on your sale. thumbsup2.gif I'm sure whatever you get in cash will be well spent on more important things. thumbsup2.gif