• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does the 'magazine curve' do to this Marvel Super Special 1?

4 posts in this topic

I would not hesitate to send this in, since it appears to be a 9.2, with just a little color fleck at the corner.

But, there are two small tears along the top edge, about 1/4" each. There are matching tears in exactly the same place on the back cover.

I put it as a VF overall because of that, but do not have experience grading magazines with CGC.

Big scan is here.

Viewable size:

mss1_fc_tn.jpg

With the two tiny tears, VF seems like a good guess. But probably a bit lower if the tears go through pages as well.

Is there a small stain/scuff through the 2nd S in KISS, or is that a printing streak?

Cool mag. thumbsup2.gif

With the two tiny tears, VF seems like a good guess. But probably a bit lower if the tears go through pages as well.

Is there a small stain/scuff through the 2nd S in KISS, or is that a printing streak?

Cool mag. thumbsup2.gif

foreheadslap.gif Missed the scuff - it's a VF anyway. Glad I posted it. Those tears are in the covers only, not the pages. Very weird with the matching set on the back.

Thanks for looking.