• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

9.8, 9.6 and 9.4 up for auction soon. wasn't this book hard to find in high grade?

Funny what $30K for a BA book will do to its supply.

I wonder how many of these new HG copies are untouched vs. pressed upgrades?

lol. well, we actually do know the 9.8 is untouched (unless i'm misrembering the discussion of it). the 9.6 is a horrible example of the grade. 9.4?

The CGC 9.4 copy that is up for acution on C-link has never been pressed to my knowledge. The book was purcahsed back in 1991 from a reputable dealer. I may be wrong, but I don't beleieve books were being pressed back then as CGC didn't even exist. I can say honestly and unequivocally that I never sent the book in to any business that presses books.. I submitted it directly to CGC.

SLR

thanks for posting. great book. good luck.

9.8, 9.6 and 9.4 up for auction soon. wasn't this book hard to find in high grade?

Funny what $30K for a BA book will do to its supply.

I wonder how many of these new HG copies are untouched vs. pressed upgrades?

lol. well, we actually do know the 9.8 is untouched (unless i'm misrembering the discussion of it). the 9.6 is a horrible example of the grade. 9.4?

The CGC 9.4 copy that is up for acution on C-link has never been pressed to my knowledge. The book was purcahsed back in 1991 from a reputable dealer. I may be wrong, but I don't beleieve books were being pressed back then as CGC didn't even exist. I can say honestly and unequivocally that I never sent the book in to any business that presses books.. I submitted it directly to CGC.

SLR

thanks for posting. great book. good luck.

Thanks!

SLR

I know who Dover is protecting... :whistle:

(No it isn't me. My GL #76 is a lousy 9.2 non-pedigree!)

What's wrong with a 9.2 non-pedigree? (shrug)

:jokealert:

Twisty Man! Your 9.2 looks awesome in your sig line. Hey, that Tec #359 is sweet! (worship) New purchase?

Thanks mrlatko :foryou: BTW your GL/GA run looks great. Yeah I just bought the 359. Wanted one for a long time so I got a little over excited as I dont even have it in hand yet. :blush:

Nice final price for the 9.4 GL #76 tonight...............$11,694.

I wonder if the "has not been pressed" status of the book influenced some bidders........ hm:devil:

In any case, congrats to the seller - that is a very nice profit for a purchase in 1991! (thumbs u

Nice final price for the 9.4 GL #76 tonight...............$11,694.

I wonder if the "has not been pressed" status of the book influenced some bidders........ hm:devil:

In any case, congrats to the seller - that is a very nice profit for a purchase in 1991! (thumbs u

i think it's entirely possible and he owes a kickback to the boardie who drew out that information :whistle:

Paperheart,

I was remiss in not posting your response. I definitely appreciate your kind words. I owned the book for 20 years. Now, Let someone else enjoy it, but I will miss it. However, I have lots of other books to enjoy and although I love Adams' art, I'm more of a Silver and Golden Age enthusiast.

SLR

I feel the same. Maybe uppper 40's, tops.

I think your guess was the closest

Actually, I said it would end somewhere in the $30's.

My reasoning was that it would top out above the highest (1st) 9.6 sale but not by much more.

I couldn't see it reaching $40K.

;)

The GL76 9.6 on Heritage yesterday only got 2.5K more than SLR's 9.4 copy got at the last CL silver/bronze auction! SLR and I were both stunned at how much his copy got! His copy didn't even have white pages!

The GL76 9.6 on Heritage yesterday only got 2.5K more than SLR's 9.4 copy got at the last CL silver/bronze auction! SLR and I were both stunned at how much his copy got! His copy didn't even have white pages!

as discussed in another thread (or maybe this one) the heritage 9.6 was a terrible example of the grade. i would have had a hard time grading it above 9.0

Was the Heritage copy well centered?

I do remember that SLR's was and centering on a bronze book affects the price quite a bit in this new economy we are in.

Was the Heritage copy well centered?

I do remember that SLR's was and centering on a bronze book affects the price quite a bit in this new economy we are in.

Based on the miswrapped BA monstrosities that I see boardies proudly posting all the time, I would say that centering doesn`t seem be a consideration at all for many collectors.

Based on the miswrapped BA monstrosities that I see boardies proudly posting all the time, I would say that centering doesn`t seem be a consideration at all for many collectors.

:o

Nothing like buying the label instead of the book.