• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic book mistake?? in the departed

8 posts in this topic

in the opening scene set in boston "some years ago" jack nicholson's character grabs some comic books and hands them to the kid who will grow to be matt damon's character. they were issues of wolverine. any eagle eyes figure out which issues they were and if they could have been issued when the scene took place? great movie, btw.

in the opening scene set in boston "some years ago" jack nicholson's character grabs some comic books and hands them to the kid who will grow to be matt damon's character. they were issues of wolverine. any eagle eyes figure out which issues they were and if they could have been issued when the scene took place? great movie, btw.

Nope, the set decorator goofed. That book at best came out several years after that sequence was taking place. The busing riots, late 60s-early-70s Ford outside the shop, and clothes put that scene in the late 70s at the latest. I was surprised to see that book in the shot, given the attention to period detail and ease of finding BA books.

Nope, the set decorator goofed. That book at best came out several years after that sequence was taking place. The busing riots, late 60s-early-70s Ford outside the shop, and clothes put that scene in the late 70s at the latest. I was surprised to see that book in the shot, given the attention to period detail and ease of finding BA books.

interesting- i was just calculating 15 years or so forward in time and he could be graduating from police academy at 25ish. i prefer your argument.

interesting- i was just calculating 15 years or so forward in time and he could be graduating from police academy at 25ish. i prefer your argument.

I think they took some artistic license, because the time difference between the scene with Nicholson and the kid and Damon as an adult graduating from the academy is too great.