• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

removing an inked date stamp

49 posts in this topic

popcorn.gif

King, you busy man, your writing a book also? plus opening your own comics store and trying to get a job at CGC, yay.gif you young kids, you seem to have an endless supply of energy, if only more of Americas youth had your go get em attitude, Canada would be a better place confused-smiley-013.gif

Scott

Stick to football my good man, it's obvious your restoration knowledge pales in comparison to the King poke2.gif

You can't beat anyones professional opinion when it contains the words "schmutz" & "imbedded" thumbsup2.gif

Let's hope that Schmutz, Alex Smith imbeds the football into the hands of Bryant this weekend against the Bolts and the "rebuilding" 49ers win their 3rd and go an even .500 893applaud-thumb.gif

headbang.gif

King,

I look forward to your book in which you write that removal of a date stamp is both restoration and not restoration. I think you're right about needing a first-grade reading level to understand it. It's when you are dealing with people who have a reading level ABOVE the first grade that you're going to run into trouble though. Just something to watch out for.

popcorn.gif

King, you busy man, your writing a book also? plus opening your own comics store and trying to get a job at CGC, yay.gif you young kids, you seem to have an endless supply of energy, if only more of Americas youth had your go get em attitude, Canada would be a better place confused-smiley-013.gif

Scott

Stick to football my good man, it's obvious your restoration knowledge pales in comparison to the King poke2.gif

You can't beat anyones professional opinion when it contains the words "schmutz" & "imbedded" thumbsup2.gif

Let's hope that Schmutz, Alex Smith imbeds the football into the hands of Bryant this weekend against the Bolts and the "rebuilding" 49ers win their 3rd and go an even .500 893applaud-thumb.gif

FFB does not have a monopoly on what is restoration and what is not. When was the last time you actually contributed something of value to these boards? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And lastly, I don't see how this is so hard for you to understand FFB. How did you pass the BAR exam? juggle.gif

And lastly, I don't see how this is so hard for you to understand FFB. How did you pass the BAR exam? juggle.gif

I passed the bar exam because, among other things, I have the mental capacity to see the inherent inconsistency between these two statements YOU made:

I disagree. The date stamp is just like any other defect, except very minor. Its just like peeling off a piece of "schmutz" that's on the book. You're not altering the book positively--you're simply taking something negative away.

Ink isn't "schmutz". You can't just take it off by hand. Ink is embedded in the paper fibers. They are very different. gossip.gif

So in your first post, a date stamp is "just like any other defect, except very minor. It's JUST LIKE PEELING OFF A PIECE OF SCHMUTZ."

Then in your very next post, you say "Ink isn't Schmutz. You can't just take it off by hand. Ink is embedded in the paper fibers. They ARE VERY DIFFERENT."

Cretin. makepoint.gif

I passed the bar exam because, among other things, I have the mental capacity to see the inherent inconsistency between these two statements YOU made:

I disagree. The date stamp is just like any other defect, except very minor. Its just like peeling off a piece of "schmutz" that's on the book. You're not altering the book positively--you're simply taking something negative away.

Ink isn't "schmutz". You can't just take it off by hand. Ink is embedded in the paper fibers. They are very different. gossip.gif

So in your first post, a date stamp is "just like any other defect, except very minor. It's JUST LIKE PEELING OFF A PIECE OF SCHMUTZ."

Then in your very next post, you say "Ink isn't Schmutz. You can't just take it off by hand. Ink is embedded in the paper fibers. They ARE VERY DIFFERENT."

I can see how it can be read to contradict each other. I should have specified. The point remains the same though. I paired "ink" with "schmutz" if the ink is of the form or degree so that it can simply be taken AWAY with adding nothing, just like any other debris on the cover. The ink would be of a different category if it is embedded in the fibers so that a wet cleaning would become necessary.

Cretin. makepoint.gif

Loser. makepoint.gif

"Once I was a ruler

About twelve inches long

Three times me made a yardstick

36 inches high

36 inches high was l

36 inches high

l never got over 36 inches high"

"36 inches" - Nick Lowe

And if anyone touches that date stamp, I'll break their wrist!

mad.gif

I can see how it can be read to contradict each other. I should have specified. The point remains the same though. I paired "ink" with "schmutz" if the ink is of the form or degree so that it can simply be taken AWAY with adding nothing, just like any other debris on the cover. The ink would be of a different category if it is embedded in the fibers so that a wet cleaning would become necessary.

King -

Are you writing in Chinese and using a translator program? This reminds me of the horribly translated instruction manuals that accompany cheap appliances.

27_laughing.gif

King -

Are you writing in Chinese and using a translator program? This reminds me of the horribly translated instruction manuals that accompany cheap appliances.

27_laughing.gif

"Please to be using the ON switch when turning off the appliance." stooges.gif

PS: I personally like date stamps! shy.gif

King -

27_laughing.gif

Can you imagine an entire book about comics written in his style? 27_laughing.gif Reading that would be enough to make me want to start collecting coins or stamps instead! foreheadslap.gif

King -

27_laughing.gif

Can you imagine an entire book about comics written in his style? 27_laughing.gif Reading that would be enough to make me want to start collecting coins or stamps instead! foreheadslap.gif

Please start collecting stamps or coins instead. hi.gif