• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

removing an inked date stamp

49 posts in this topic

My name . . . Business Morales

billdana170076.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

The odds of KOR getting this reference are about the same as pulling a 10.0 from a 7-11 spinner rack. 27_laughing.gif

My sister owns a quilt store in Anchorage, and she recently had to move locations. She had two spinner racks that were used for patterns etc, that she gave me and they work sweet for display of CGC or bagged and boarded/protected books in my comic dungeon. yay.gif Hail to the damage created from the Hallmark and 7-11 and other spinner racks of their day. thumbsup2.gif They keep us searching for the copy at the back of the bent front copies to this day. 27_laughing.gif

Is it possible,and is it considered restoration.

I'm interested in comments on a stamped date,in particular.

The act of solvent cleaning is considered restoration (it's irrelevant as to whether the solvent was used to remove a date stamp, a pen scribble, or olive oil).

Olive Oyl on me books? Rowwwwrrrr! Who'd want to remove her??? Rowwwrrrr!!!!!stooges.gif

OMFG! This is the funniest thing I have read since that guy started talking about Business Morales. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

most surprising thing on these boards lately is the lack of a poster named "Business Morales." thought for sure someone was going to jump on that like a flea on a dog's newtsak

And lastly, I don't see how this is so hard for you to understand FFB. How did you pass the BAR exam? juggle.gif

I passed the bar exam because, among other things, I have the mental capacity to see the inherent inconsistency between these two statements YOU made:

I disagree. The date stamp is just like any other defect, except very minor. Its just like peeling off a piece of "schmutz" that's on the book. You're not altering the book positively--you're simply taking something negative away.

Ink isn't "schmutz". You can't just take it off by hand. Ink is embedded in the paper fibers. They are very different. gossip.gif

So in your first post, a date stamp is "just like any other defect, except very minor. It's JUST LIKE PEELING OFF A PIECE OF SCHMUTZ."

Then in your very next post, you say "Ink isn't Schmutz. You can't just take it off by hand. Ink is embedded in the paper fibers. They ARE VERY DIFFERENT."

Cretin. makepoint.gif

If you ask me Scott it is comments like this that makes me think he would actually be a good CGC employee. What with CGC's tendency to explain away restoration as not restoration these days. makepoint.gif Who else would make a good employee than someone willing to turn their head and twist semantics to fit their warped world view?

And lastly, I don't see how this is so hard for you to understand FFB. How did you pass the BAR exam? juggle.gif

I passed the bar exam because, among other things, I have the mental capacity to see the inherent inconsistency between these two statements YOU made:

I disagree. The date stamp is just like any other defect, except very minor. Its just like peeling off a piece of "schmutz" that's on the book. You're not altering the book positively--you're simply taking something negative away.

Ink isn't "schmutz". You can't just take it off by hand. Ink is embedded in the paper fibers. They are very different. gossip.gif

So in your first post, a date stamp is "just like any other defect, except very minor. It's JUST LIKE PEELING OFF A PIECE OF SCHMUTZ."

Then in your very next post, you say "Ink isn't Schmutz. You can't just take it off by hand. Ink is embedded in the paper fibers. They ARE VERY DIFFERENT."

Cretin. makepoint.gif

If you ask me Scott it is comments like this that makes me think he would actually be a good CGC employee. What with CGC's tendency to explain away restoration as not restoration these days. makepoint.gif Who else would make a good employee than someone willing to turn their head and twist semantics to fit their warped world view?

First of all, I am not a CGC basher so don't expect me to laugh at this comment.

Second of all, KOR is too much of a jerkwad to work at CGC. Therein lies the problem.

First of all, I am not a CGC basher so don't expect me to laugh at this comment.

Second of all, KOR is too much of a jerkwad to work at CGC. Therein lies the problem.

I didn't expect you to laugh at the first one though it wasn't intended as bashing directly more poking some fun at some current debate. At least you recognize that it was nothing really serious. wink.gif

Well I will certainly laugh at your second point 27_laughing.gif