• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remember Old Harnish?

9 posts in this topic

Take a wild guess. 27_laughing.gif

Funny enough, I was wondering about that character myself a month or so, and took a look at his site...if you remember, after he crashed and burned on ebay, he vowed to build it up his own site and that it would be the best comic site ever, quiet all the naysayers once and for all, etc etc. Doesn't look like it ever got off the ground.

He bought a low grade JLA 1 from me for a pretty nice price actually. I wonder what he was hoping to do with it. It is so long ago that I'm pretty sure no paypal reversal will be attempted, though I was worried at the time because it was right around the NARU.

I guess everyone else would rather put this to bed.

Me too.

If there's one thing you could say about this scammer, it'd be that his scheme was the most absurd and desperate. And mind-numbingly stupid.

And yes, he'll be back....

I wonder if he was attempting to acquire low grade copies of these key books (like my JLA 1, which was a 3.0, but really looked like a 4.0) in an attempt to bust them out of their slabs and sell them as VFs or whatever. But if that was the plan, paying almost guide for a low grade slab wouldn't make a lot of sense, chasing after raw copies on the cheap would seem to be the way to go.