• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is There a Key Issue(s) List Somewhere??

6 posts in this topic

I did a Google search for some kind of list showing KEY silver age comics and I was surprised nothing specific came up. Primarily, I'm thinking of Marvel and DC titles but I'd like to see some kind of list showing book title, issue number & date with maybe a note as to why this comic would be considered a KEY issue. Does such a list exist? Any links?

Thanks everyone!!

I did a Google search for some kind of list showing KEY silver age comics and I was surprised nothing specific came up. Primarily, I'm thinking of Marvel and DC titles but I'd like to see some kind of list showing book title, issue number & date with maybe a note as to why this comic would be considered a KEY issue. Does such a list exist? Any links?

Thanks everyone!!

OSPG lists the Top 20 SA Books (in terms of value). Obviously, there are alot more "keys" than that, but it's a good start to the list. They do not, however, list dates and you'd have to reference the actual listing to see what makes the book special.

Here's the top 20 list:

-AF #15

-Showcase #4

-FF #1

-ASM #1

-Hulk #1

-Showcase #8

-Xmen #1

-Showcase #9

-JIM #83

-Flash #105

-TOS #39

-B&B #28

-JLA #1

-Adventure #247

-Showcase #22

-FF#5

-GL#1

-FF#2

-Showcase #14

-TTA #27

Thanks Chris! That's an IMPRESSIVE list there....I doubt I could afford even 1 of those books. I'm a "completist" on my collecting habits and have done well over the years, enjoying what I collect (Green Lantern, Cap America, Doom Patrol, Nick Fury, World's Finest, Showcase among others) and managing to make a buck or two along the way too. What could be better? I'm expanding my collectng universe so to speak and I'm seeking this list for that purpose. Jumping around now as opposed to my old completist ways....

Chuck

A pretty good "rule of thumb" to remember when searching out "keys" is to focus on the most popular titles (obviously, there are exceptions). For instance, two of the most popular Marvel titles are Amazing Spider-Man and Fantastic Four.

Lots of keys in those two titles. Here are some to add to your list:

ASM #3 (1st Doc Ock)

ASM #14 (1st Goblin)

ASM #39/40 (Origin Goblin)

ASM #50 (1st Kingpin, classic cover)

FF#4 (1st SA Submariner)

FF#48 (1st Silver Surfer / Galactus)

FF#49 (1st Galactus/Surfer Cover)

FF#50 (Surfer/Galactus battle, completes the #48-50 story arc)

Thanks everyone!!

Jerry weists book.The 100 greatest comickbooks