• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Comprises CGC's restoration detection division? Where are Friesen & Brevard?

218 posts in this topic

I wholeheartedly encourage someone to call them and chat if they so wish. I see no reason why that has to be the case. I am not their spokesperson.

Mark, you keep inviting others to call, but you're the who's privy to the rumors "of what's really going on". Armed with that knowledge, aren't you the best equipped to make the call?

Maybe we ALL should call.Lets organize a phone-chain,pick questions of the day and call at five minute intervales.Then we can each start a thread about our days conversation with the boys in Sodaville.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Sorry to laugh, but the idea of you organizing and actually accomplishing something struck me as really funny. poke2.gif

...it makes me laugh how this thread gets posted a least once a month and every time the same defenders get on with the same excuses to the same old questions,..simple answer,...you should not have to call CGC to get this type of information,...they are a business open to the public and they have been addressed here over and over about their restoration methods and who their resto team consists of,...it's just sad and shameful and one of the reasons I have come to question the integrity of CGC over the last year,...at this point I no longer have any faith in their services,...

Maybe we ALL should call.Lets organize a phone-chain,pick questions of the day and call at five minute intervales.Then we can each start a thread about our days conversation with the boys in Sodaville.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Sorry to laugh, but the idea of you organizing and actually accomplishing something struck me as really funny. poke2.gif

So,hows that case against JE going again?

I don't know what your problem is,nor do I care,but you really have been a dikwad lately.

Now,respond in great length about the meaning of whatever particular word offends your magnifecence.

That is the funniest damn thing I’ve read in awhile! Good one. 27_laughing.gif

I wholeheartedly encourage someone to call them and chat if they so wish. I see no reason why that has to be the case. I am not their spokesperson.

Mark, you keep inviting others to call, but you're the who's privy to the rumors "of what's really going on". Armed with that knowledge, aren't you the best equipped to make the call?

Jeff, I was only referring to the questions I posted, not the rumors. If I ever felt they rose to a level of substance that merited action I would certainly pick up the phone and call CGC, like I have done numerous times in the past. My questions exist independently from the rumors.

...it makes me laugh how this thread gets posted a least once a month and every time the same defenders get on with the same excuses to the same old questions,..simple answer,...you should not have to call CGC to get this type of information,...they are a business open to the public and they have been addressed here over and over about their restoration methods and who their resto team consists of,...it's just sad and shameful and one of the reasons I have come to question the integrity of CGC over the last year,...at this point I no longer have any faith in their services,...

Exactly what I am talking about. Not as if this thread was sparkling new and caught anyone by surprise. I simply had an occasion to reiterate and articulate once again the same questions that have been percolating amongst these threads unanswered for months.

There may well be reasonable and completely legitimate answers to the questions. If CGC doesn't see that its failure to publicly - I don't care about private conversations that satisfy individuals - respond is not causing potential harm to its image, then so be it. That is a conscious choice they are making.

I am not asking for a rushed response, though I honestly fail to see why there should not exist simple answers given the questions but perhaps it is more complicated than I know. Take some time to formulate a prepared statement if they want. Just let us know that this is in the works. Perfectly acceptable. We're standing by waiting. I'm not going anywhere.

Jeff, I was only referring to the questions I posted, not the rumors. If I ever felt they rose to a level of substance that merited action I would certainly pick up the phone and call CGC, like I have done numerous times in the past. My questions exist independently from the rumors.

Then perhaps even the existence of unsubstantiated rumors should have been left out of the discussion.

So,hows that case against JE going again?

I don't know what your problem is,nor do I care,but you really have been a dikwad lately.

Now,respond in great length about the meaning of whatever particular word offends your magnifecence.

The way you spelled magnificence offends my magnificence. makepoint.gif

When I scan the thread “What is the most money you have paid for a single comic?”, it’s stunning to me the faith that some of you have put into a few folks currently operating in Florida.

CGC: It seems that it just makes good business sense to answer questions as quickly and thoroughly as possible from the people that have put their trust and money in your product, in such an overwhelming way. To offer less is shameful and only invites suspicion.

Then perhaps even the existence of unsubstantiated rumors should have been left out of the discussion.

I never mentioned any. Others did, none of which I confirmed. I don't comment on unsubstantiated rumors, which is not to say their existence does not prompt legitimate questions.

If I called you, would I get right through? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Usually, unless I am on the phone. Today is a busy day.

The Associated Press

October 16, 2006 Monday 7:51 PM GMT

SECTION: WASHINGTON DATELINE

LENGTH: 345 words

HEADLINE: Military to resume mandatory Anthrax inoculations

BYLINE: By LOLITA C. BALDOR, Associated Press Writer

DATELINE: WASHINGTON

BODY:

The Pentagon said Monday it will once again begin requiring anthrax vaccinations for troops heading into dangerous regions, reinstating a program that has been challenged repeatedly over possible health risks.

Dr. William Winkenwerder Jr., the assistant secretary of defense for health affairs, said the vaccinations will begin in 30 to 60 days, and will involve troops and civilian Defense Department personnel who are serving in the Middle East, Central Asia and the Korean Peninsula.

"This is a safe and effective vaccine," Winkenwerder said in a conference call with reporters, adding that the threat of an anthrax attack is "very real and it has not gone away."

Opponents of the program promised an immediate challenge. Mark S. Zaid, one of the lawyers who previously sued to stop the mandatory program, said he will file a new lawsuit "as soon as needles start going into arms." Other groups who have opposed the program also condemned the new requirements.

The drug has been at the center of a multiyear lawsuit that began when six members of the military challenged the Pentagon's mandatory vaccination program against anthrax for some military troops. But last December the Food and Drug Administration affirmed an earlier finding that the anthrax vaccine being given to members of the U.S. military is safe and effective.

Since 1998, at least 1.2 million troops have been vaccinated against anthrax in six-shot regimens. Hundreds of service members had been punished or discharged for refusing them until U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan in December 2004 suspended the vaccinations after he found fault in the FDA's process for approving the drug. Several months later Sullivan said the Pentagon can resume giving vaccinations, but only to troops who volunteer for them.

The FDA's finding late last year was the result a court-ordered review of the drug. The Bush administration has pushed to reinstate mandatory inoculations for many military personnel.

On the Net:

Defense Department: http://www.defenselink.mil

Military Vaccine Resource Directory: http://www.mvrd.org