• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-keys eat your heart out!

16 posts in this topic

Now I could be completely wrong, and I have dealt with this guy. He has always done me good, and I know Darth has had dealings with him in the past. Now, I'm not suggesting anything but I sold a Tales Of Suspense with slight resto, for a very small amount:

TOS 39 from comicmankev

And now this turns up:

TOS 39 from the buyer

I don't think they are alike, but I've been looking for a nice copy, and don't really want to pay more for the same copy un-cased! What do you think?

Now I could be completely wrong, and I have dealt with this guy. He has always done me good, and I know Darth has had dealings with him in the past. Now, I'm not suggesting anything but I sold a Tales Of Suspense with slight resto, for a very small amount:

TOS 39 from comicmankev

And now this turns up:

TOS 39 from the buyer

I don't think they are alike, but I've been looking for a nice copy, and don't really want to pay more for the same copy un-cased! What do you think?

If the color touch was on the spine, then he removed the CT and lowered the grade. If the color touch wasn't on the spine then they are two different books because his book has obvious color breaking spine stresses and yours didn't.

They look like different copies as the slabbed one shows the back cover wrapping around the spine and onto the front cover. And as would be expected, his copy shows more of the right-side quotation mark around "Iron Man!".

They look like different copies as the slabbed one shows the back cover wrapping around the spine and onto the front cover...

I didn't even look at that. My eye just fell on the spine stress. They're two different books.

They seem to be different books. Cover wrap is different as drbanner mentioned.

Isn't that seller a member here?

I don't think aardvarkps is a board member. (Odin is ebay seller aardvark88, that sometimes causes confusion)

2 different books

two different cheeks.......uh, wait I have your avatar on my mind!

I would have to get a feel for the two before I could answer that question.I am sure with a hands on experience I could accomplish that.Its kind of like my bodywork on a car I would have to keep feeling it over and over to make sure It was the same as the other side. 27_laughing.gif

Davidking623 grin.gif