• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping Discount vs Oversaturation

7 posts in this topic

I hate to pay the shipping cost for a single comic, so I try and save money by winning multiple auctions from a single person if they have stuff I want. It makes since that others do this - so I want to put a bunch of books up for auction at the same time to get people in the mix. However, I also know that there are only so many collectors that want low/middle grade silver-age DC comics. Does anyone have an opinion about the critical number of silver-age comics to put up for auction in a single week?

Thanks for the replys.

Your thoughts are about what I was thinking. Unfortunately, I do find that single issue auctions get more per issue that the multi-issue lots. A bunch of the books guide at about $15 - $25 in VG condition - so I probably will keep these seperate. The $3 to $8 comics will probably be grouped in 3-5 issue lots. This will all occur after offering them to the board first (of course)!!

Brief list (I am missing several issues in these sets):

Batman 110 - 175

World's Finest 94 - 150

Challengers of the Unknown 1 - 40

X-Men 100 - 137

House of Mystery (1958 - 1963)

House of Suspense (1958 - 1963)