• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there many Mcfarlene signature comics

21 posts in this topic

I usually don't buy any CGC comics as I usually only buy comic to read. Over the past few months I have started to be interested in CGC signature covers especially civil war and CW tie in variants. However I still would love to get a Todd Mcfarlene Spawn CGC signature issue but there don't seem to be may around. Do he normally sign or go to comic conventions? Feel free to post pictures of any you might have and if its available drop me a PM with a price.

you only get a SS if its signed infront of a CGC employee...witness. It would come back blue with it noted that its signed Todd Mcfarlene where ever its signed on the comic. They won't say signed by just signed(basically saying it could have been signed by anyone).

I just bought one off ebay from MoCCa, Spawn 3-d # 1 signed by Todd,I asked if he knew how many copies where printed of that issue.he said about 3000 (does anyone know ?) and out of those Todd signed 12 for MoCCa.My ? is if I slab it will I get a SS or a blue label?

you only get a SS if its signed infront of a CGC employee...witness. It would come back blue with it noted that its signed Todd Mcfarlene where ever its signed on the comic. They won't say signed by just signed(basically saying it could have been signed by anyone).
I just bought one off ebay from MoCCa, Spawn 3-d # 1 signed by Todd,I asked if he knew how many copies where printed of that issue.he said about 3000 (does anyone know ?) and out of those Todd signed 12 for MoCCa.My ? is if I slab it will I get a SS or a blue label?

The book cannot be submitted for signature series. If it was submitted for grading it would come back Qualified (green label)

As quoted:

CGC only certifies books as Signature Series if the signature was witnessed in the presence of a CGC representative and then immediately submitted to CGC for grading. We do not accept any other methods of proving the signature is authentic (photos, certificates, affidavits, videotapes etc.) Any book which is submitted with a signature on the front cover which is of a high grade will received the Green, Qualified label and the signature will not affect the CGC grade in any way. The green Qualified label will state that there is a name written on the cover and what the grade of the book would be if the signature were ignored. If the book has a signature on the front and is of a low grade it will receive a Blue, Universal label and the signature will affect the grade of the book (depending on the size, how much it disrupts the cover etc.). If the signature is on the interior of the book only, then it will receive a Blue Universal label regardless of grade and the signature will affect the grade of the book (less than if it were on the cover, however).

If the signature is on the interior of the book only, then it will receive a Blue Universal label regardless of grade and the signature will affect the grade of the book (less than if it were on the cover, however).

I didn't think interior sigs impacted grade. Thanks for the info.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif