• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collectors Exposition - Austin Texas - Nov 4 & 5

2 posts in this topic

The Austin Collectors Expo is back after about a year long hiatus (I have no idea why it went away).

See: http://www.collectorsexpo.com

My impressions:

It's a fun show, not terribly strong on comics, but usually offers a little bit of everything -- action figures, comics, paperbacks, movie posters, lunchboxes, pulps, beanie babies -- you get the idea.

One thing I like about it, is that it's one of those shows that attracts the casual seller, guys who have just cleaned out their attic and decide to rent a table and see if any of it moves.

cheers,

gozer

------------------------

We now return to Troy McClure and Dolores Montenegro

in "Preacher with a Shovel."

I went to these shows years ago and found that probably 75% of the sellers are "paper" sellers... meaning they are selling post cards, old magazines, old magazine ads, old celebrity 8x10 photos, news papers, etc.

If you're into lunch boxes though the absolute authority on lunch boxes usually sets up at this show... Larry Akins.

He has always been a pleasure to talk to and knows more about lunch boxes than anyone in the genre.