• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Both of these high grade Romance books sold for approx. $2,100.

Which one would you choose?

1480958-forbid.jpg

.......or

1480958-secret.jpg

I will be the 1st to admit I know little about the Romance genre, so I can not choose intelligently for myself, but I do like all the skin that is showing on the "D" copy Forbidden Love devil.gif

1480958-secret.jpg.1fd8b5eab52968502e7bf0e9a2630360.jpg

Pick between Forbidden Love or Secret Hearts? What's behind door #3, a swift kick to the groin?

sign-funnypost.gif

My sentiments exactly.

OK, OK....I tried to show some diversity....but if it's Superheros you want, then it's Superheros you get ! Both of these drop dead gorgeous killers sold for around $72,000.

Which one would you choose?

1481380-torch1.jpg

........or

1481380-fun53.jpg

Im taking the Torch #1 ! takeit.gif

1481380-fun53.jpg.f1738d098273405c0db0482c0691a011.jpg

This one is easy in my opinion. That More Fun Mile High sold for almost $25,000 less than the Rockford copy More Fun 53 sold for a few months earlier. The Mile High More Fun 53 should be worth considerably more than it sold for in my opinion. If that book ever somehow hit the market today at $72,000 I would buy it myself. The Human Torch, I'd probably wait and pay half as much for a 9.0 copy or something. The Human Torch is a cool book but there's only one Church More Fun 53.

This one is easy in my opinion. That More Fun Mile High sold for almost $25,000 less than the Rockford copy More Fun 53 sold for a few months earlier. The Mile High More Fun 53 should be worth considerably more than it sold for in my opinion. If that book ever somehow hit the market today at $72,000 I would buy it myself. The Human Torch, I'd probably wait and pay half as much for a 9.0 copy or something. The Human Torch is a cool book but there's only one Church More Fun 53.

You'd probably know better than me about books of that price point, but thee 53 just carries a stigma of being over-priced to me. Over the years it seemed to follow it like a dark cloud. I bought a fairly high grade copy once that I barely escaped from with my life.

You'd probably know better than me about books of that price point, but thee 53 just carries a stigma of being over-priced to me. Over the years it seemed to follow it like a dark cloud. I bought a fairly high grade copy once that I barely escaped from with my life.

Thats really funny that you'd say that. When I was looking at buying a More Fun 53 in San Diego this summer, I had a friend of mine (who knows a lot more about comics than I do) tell me to be careful because More Fun 53 has always been an overpriced book in guide. I thought he was mistaken because I've always seen More Fun 53s sell for guide or over. But he said almost word for word what you just did. Am I overvaluing More Fun 53? Or did it used to sell for under guide but now that has changed? (I've only been collecting for a few years so often I will lack a long-term perspective)

Here's one, (haven't played this game yet), both of these books sold this year (2006) for almost the same amount, around $8K , $211 dollar difference between the selling prices.

both books are currently the highest graded copy.

and you must choose one, a swift kick to the groin is not an option this time. sumo.gif

RAD2E4262006104_2358331.jpg

action48nm.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone who knows me, KNOWS which one I'd choose. insane.gif

Edited by thedude