• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Remember Avengers #4? Heck he WAS the Avengers. Secret Wars, Civil War, etc. Cap is still the man!

I hear you...I'm just not feeling any love for him. Batman, The Flash, Superman, The Sandman, The Human Torch and Subby....I find them to be top shelf, and Captain America very mid shelf. Just a personal thing...maybe not a marketplace agreed upon thing.

I can agree with you there. I PREFER Spectre, Batman, Flash, and Subby over Cap too (not Torch at all though). But, I was just saying that Cap has had the more successful career as a character than Spectre by far.

I would probably take the Cap 1. If however you were talking about that Cap 1 vs the More Fun 53 CGC 9.6 Mile High (as opposed to the CGC 9.6 Rockford listed in the example) I might have a different answer.

Where the heck have you been lately?

I would probably take the Cap 1. If however you were talking about that Cap 1 vs the More Fun 53 CGC 9.6 Mile High (as opposed to the CGC 9.6 Rockford listed in the example) I might have a different answer.

lol same as always. Making purchases I can't afford and then scrambling to raise the $$ to pay for them. (Speaking of which, I'm off to see if I can't raise another $15k or so by the weekend)

lol same as always. Making purchases I can't afford and then scrambling to raise the $$ to pay for them. (Speaking of which, I'm off to see if I can't raise another $15k or so by the weekend)

Ditto !

That's a man!! Keep it up Adam!

wink.gif

I agree with Showcase about cap. it would be SOOOOOO fun to open that More fun and flip through a 9.6 from 1940 cloud9.gif

here's for agreeing with me thumbsup2.gif (one of the few on this one)

as for flipping through the More Fun.....that would turn a 9.6 slabbed book into a 9.2 raw book in about 5 minutes time.....that's some expensive fun!

How about a real life sample. The Cap or the 9.2 larson or Mile High# 52s .Both have slight work on them and still got a blue label.

I would have to pass....I would not spend $100,000 or whatever those books sold for if they have been restored and have a blue label. You can't be a little pregnant, and if a blue label books has graders notes such as "small amount of glue on spine" or "very small amount of color touch" , then it's a restored book, and should have a purlple label.The only graders notes acceptable for me in that price range are "off-white pages" or "from the collection of Nicholas Cage". I'm sure I'll hear some flack for this comment, but I know I'm right on this issue...so, let the criticisms fall as they may tonofbricks.gif

I'm sure I'll hear some flack for this comment, but I know I'm right on this issue...so, let the criticisms fall as they may tonofbricks.gif

Stewie2.jpg

Just kidding around. smile.gif I have no problem with your stance at all Everyone's collecting tastes are fine by me. thumbsup2.gif

What about if it's amateur? I'm sure we've all had books where some kid took a color marker and filled in a spine scuff mark or something like that. Would that bother people as much as a professional color touch?

if a kid filled in a spine scuff with a marker or crayon using the same color as the immediate area of the cover artwork, that would be amateur restoration, and CGC would agree as I have called them for their stance on this issue.

If a kid made a random mark or wrote his name, a date, or drew a small horn coming out of someones head...that is very undesirable, but not considered amateur restoration, as the markings were not done to enhance the image of the book, or fix a defect like the spine scuff you mentioned.

So.....if a blue label book has a kids name or markings on the cover that is OK

if a blue label book has minor color touch that is not OK - improperly labeled IMO