• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

both of these EXTREMELY HIGH DEMAND 27_laughing.gif books sold for approx. $4,800. Which one would you choose, and why?

forget that drop dead gorgeuos Classic Cover investment grade Batman with white pages.....restored Tough Kid Squad for me!

I hope, but am not sure, that everyone realizes that my "extremely high demand" comment was sarcastic towards the Tough Kid Squad book only, and that my choice of Tough Kid Squad was sarcastic as well.....sometimes you can't tell on The Boards if you are taken correctly tongue.gif

both of these EXTREMELY HIGH DEMAND 27_laughing.gif books sold for approx. $4,800. Which one would you choose, and why?

forget that drop dead gorgeuos Classic Cover investment grade Batman with white pages.....restored Tough Kid Squad for me!

I hope, but am not sure, that everyone realizes that my "extremely high demand" comment was sarcastic towards the Tough Kid Squad book only, and that my choice of Tough Kid Squad was sarcastic as well.....sometimes you can't tell on The Boards if you are taken correctly tongue.gif

hello all..

SC4, I think most of us got it, but you are correct, if folks dont know your posting style, it can get "ugly" sometimes (as we have all seen in past threads, i am sure)

rick

Yeah, ditto for me. blush.gif

OK, here's one. Lower/midgrade early Action with White pages. Or, high grade Marvel Mystery with cream/offwhite. Both sold in the $7,500 range though the sales were a few years apart:

817039001o.jpg

806019197o.jpg

I'll take the 3rd appearance of Superman.

OK, here's one. Lower/midgrade early Action with White pages. Or, high grade Marvel Mystery with cream/offwhite. Both sold in the $7,500 range though the sales were a few years apart:

817039001o.jpg

806019197o.jpg

I'll take the 3rd appearance of Superman.

I think I will go with the 9.4 Timely this time.

817039001o.jpg

Action 3, though I hate miswraps and spine rolls. frown.gif

I love Leo O'Mealia's comic work (what little there is) and I would jump at a chance to own a book with one of his covers. I think this one is particularly nice. I like the sinking ship in the background and the natives lying in wait. Really a classic.

Action 3, though I hate miswraps and spine rolls. frown.gif

I love Leo O'Mealia's comic work (what little there is) and I would jump at a chance to own a book with one of his covers. I think this one is particularly nice. I like the sinking ship in the background and the natives lying in wait. Really a classic.

Nice summary. I agree O'Mealia did some really nice work. I have the same opinion of miswraps & spine rolls, but this particular one doesn't look bad enough to make me pass on it.

Generally speaking, whenever a DC has been matched up against a Timely of similar value, the DC has won. I'm beginning to wonder if our group is representative of the GA collector population. If so, then Timely's are relatively overvalued in the market today.

I'll go with the Action here.

Action #3 in a hurry (no surprise there). Though if the Marvel Mystery were a NM #40 or #44, that would make the matchup tougher for me.

I can never get enough of those really early Siegel & Shuster books. Would love to own a single-digit Action in any grade, someday. cloud9.gif