• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Detective 31: I like the cover better and it is 5th Batman vs. 9th Batman appearance (or something like that)

Detective 27 (coverless): Classic issue and only way I could ever afford a copy

Both of these beauties sold for $28,500 last year. Which one would you choose, and why? graders notes on MM2 (small amount of glue on spine)

1561895-mm2.jpg

...............or

1561895-adven.jpg

glue or not, I'd go with the MM2 due to extreme scarcity and historical signifigance

1561895-adven.jpg.25c3af7c670b3c6337fe00f9e3392b35.jpg

Since I used to have the Church Adventure 44 and 47 and can't see myself spending anywhere near that for a non-Sandman cover I guess I'd go with the MM2 - but I'd much rather spend that kind of money on something else.

Considering that copy of MM #2 is a resub and sold for $13,800 back in 2002 as a CGC 7.5, out of principle I'll take the Adventure.

I remember looking at the heritage scan when it was a 7.5, and thought the grading was pretty tight. I don't think its a 9.0, but its a lot nicer then most 7.5s GA books out there.

Considering that copy of MM #2 is a resub and sold for $13,800 back in 2002 as a CGC 7.5, out of principle I'll take the Adventure.

I remember looking at the heritage scan when it was a 7.5, and thought the grading was pretty tight. I don't think its a 9.0, but its a lot nicer then most 7.5s GA books out there.

I agree. Probably was just undergraded initially. It is, no question, a gorgeous looking book. But I have a real hard time paying $28K for the same exact book that sold for less than half of that just four years ago. And the only difference between then and now is a label, right or wrong. Just doesn't register in my head. confused-smiley-013.gif

Both of these comics sold for $14,600 back in 2003/2003. This choice mixes thing up a little bit from the norm, comparing a high grade SA key to a low grade GA key. Which one would you choose, and why?

1565716-tec1.jpg

..........................or

1565716-ff1.jpg

for me, a previous SA collector, nothing trumps a high grade unrestored FF1...but this is a GA forum....let's see who agrees with me 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1565716-tec1.jpg.4cdf329122ff2306132f92cd50fb63b1.jpg

for me, a previous SA collector, nothing trumps a high grade unrestored FF1...I wouldn't care of the Haunt was a 9.9, FF1 for me...but this is a GA forum....let's see who agrees with me 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hello all...

thumbsup2.gif

rick