• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

That's a tough one (for me, I doubt it is for anyone else) and I would need to see the books in-hand to make the final call. I can't tell from the scan how white the FF is. That would be a big factor.

I'd take an attractive VF+ FF1 over the EC book.

FF, but it would burn me because that's another book I bought off the stands, kept for the longest time, then foolishly sold. You know, back then I would look for the books that hadn't been on the outside of the bundles and damaged by the string or wire that held the bundles together. I always chose the best copies. Such a far cry from what I have to settle for now. I know, I'm sounding like a geezer. Did I also mention that I had to walk five miles through the snow to cherry pick the besy(best) copies off the rack?

Edited by The_Black_Hand

Let's try this again, so it's not a such a shutout. I have kept the same FF1, and matched it up to a much more appealing GA book.Both sold for around $14,600 a few years ago. Now what ya' goin' ta choose?

My answer is the same for the same reason....FF1...virtually nothing trumps a high grade unrestored FF1.

Both of these comics sold for $14,600 back in 2003/2003. This choice mixes thing up a little bit from the norm, comparing a high grade SA key to a low grade GA key. Which one would you choose, and why?

1565716-tec1.jpg

..........................or

1565716-ff1.jpg

for me, a previous SA collector, nothing trumps a high grade unrestored FF1...but this is a GA forum....let's see who agrees with me 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Let's try this again, so it's not a such a shutout. I have kept the same FF1, and matched it up to a much more appealing GA book.Both sold for around $14,600 a few years ago. Now what ya' goin' ta choose?

My answer is the same for the same reason....FF1...virtually nothing trumps a high grade unrestored FF1.

Both of these comics sold for $14,600 back in 2003/2003. This choice mixes thing up a little bit from the norm, comparing a high grade SA key to a low grade GA key. Which one would you choose, and why?

1565716-tec1.jpg

Hey I love FF 1, but an unrestored Tec 1? All day, baby, all day! headbang.gif

1565716-tec1.jpg

1565716-ff1.jpg

for me, a previous SA collector, nothing trumps a high grade unrestored FF1...but this is a GA forum....let's see who agrees with me 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This is a tough one for me, being that I love the Fantastic Four and that they are my favorite of all the Marvel characters. I would love to own a solid high grade copy of that book.

However, a very solid looking Detective Comics # 1 with decent page quality is not something that comes along often. Based purely on the "Will it ever come around again?" factor, I would take the Detective # 1.

Detective Comics #1, without question.

I don't understand why anyone would choose a book that is plentiful over a rare one. Give me the rare key. I don't care how nice the plentiful one is. If it was a lesser GA book, maybe I'd go with the FF, but this is Tec 1!!!

Edited by paull

1565716-tec1.jpg

1565716-ff1.jpg

Am I seeing things or did you not have a Gaines Copy, Haunt of Fear book as a comparison yesterday??? crazy.gif When did the Tec #1 come in. You know I'd probbaly go with an unrestored Tec #1 because it would be much harder to find that any 8.5 SA book.