• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Detective Comics #1, without question.

I don't understand why anyone would choose a book that is plentiful over a rare one. Give me the rare key.

There is nothing plentiful about a VF+ off-white paged unrestored FF1. In that grade, FF1 is an equally rare key 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Detective Comics #1, without question.

I don't understand why anyone would choose a book that is plentiful over a rare one. Give me the rare key.

There is nothing plentiful about a VF+ off-white paged unrestored FF1. In that grade, FF1 is an equally rare key 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

12 unrestored FF 1s in 8.5 or higher in the census vs 5 unrestored Tec 1s in any grade. confused-smiley-013.gif I guess that doesn't take PQ into consideration, but Tec 1 still seems to win.

Tec 1, FF1 is common and I'd love to read the stories in Tec 1. There's no way I could pass on that book if I were in the position to buy it, especially with off-white pages.

so buy a millenium edition for $3 tongue.gif

hello all...

I choose....

....building up the suspense....

..............which book with the detective27kid choose....

.....................the pressure it mounting...............................

.............................we are to an unbearable level of anticipation....

ok, tec 1 for me...twist my arm

rick

I wonder if anyone feels the same way as I do about this. I find myself looking more and more for GA that has never been reprinted. There's something about reading a comics stories, particulary if you're one of the few to read them, that's appealing to me. That's also why a lot of silver age doesn't appeal to me anymore. I want to read something that I've never seen before. Now I'm sure someones about to tell me that the Tec 1 has been reprinted. Now the one flaw here, is that the DC archives only reprint the featured hero, so there would still be a lot of good reading in those books. Just a stray thought here.

In general though, I agree with you. I do prefer un-reprinted material, and I know what you mean about the FF1, its kind of old hat. But for me, its THE marvel book, AF15 be damned. If the choice were FF1 vs tec 2,3,4 or something, I might feel differently. But to me tec 1 isn't worth that much more than any other pre hero Tec.

In general though, I agree with you. I do prefer un-reprinted material, and I know what you mean about the FF1, its kind of old hat. But for me, its THE marvel book, AF15 be damned. If the choice were FF1 vs tec 2,3,4 or something, I might feel differently. But to me tec 1 isn't worth that much more than any other pre hero Tec.

It is the first issue of the longest running comic book series in history. That says it all.

It is the first issue of the longest running comic book series in history. That says it all.

Eh. That doesn't impress me as much as it does you.

A) four color 1 beats it (sort of). You can complain that FC was a one-shot title, but hey, tec was an anthology title.

B) Italian mickey mouse digest (topolino) is at what, issue 4000 or so? And I'm sure plenty of other european publications beat it hands down as well in terms of issues produced.

C) I can buy the reprint of either tec 1 or FF 1 for a couple bucks. Which means I'm going to buy the one that tugs on the heartstrings... in this case the FF.

Eh. That doesn't impress me as much as it does you.

A) four color 1 beats it (sort of). You can complain that FC was a one-shot title, but hey, tec was an anthology title.

B) Italian mickey mouse digest (topolino) is at what, issue 4000 or so? And I'm sure plenty of other european publications beat it hands down as well in terms of issues produced.

C) I can buy the reprint of either tec 1 or FF 1 for a couple bucks. Which means I'm going to buy the one that tugs on the heartstrings... in this case the FF.

That's why they make Ford's and Chevys! grin.gif

However, 1937 to 2007, is a slightly longer run than Four Color enjoyed.

Topolino? Stop.

I like FF 1 too, I've owned at least 70 copies, I've only owned my current copy of Detective 1.

Hehe I knew you'd give me grief about topolino, that's why I put it there tongue.gif Not my fault if you didn't qualify your statement by saying *US* comic book devil.gif

Four Color - I meant issues not years. Same as topolino. But you already know that. stooges.gifinsane.gif

If you've owned 70 ff1s, I can see where the shine would have gone off the apple by now blush.gif I've only had one.

Hehe I knew you'd give me grief about topolino, that's why I put it there tongue.gif Not my fault if you didn't qualify your statement by saying *US* comic book devil.gif

Four Color - I meant issues not years. Same as topolino. But you already know that. stooges.gifinsane.gif

If you've owned 70 ff1s, I can see where the shine would have gone off the apple by now blush.gif I've only had one.

I loved the topolino reference...you were channeling BLB!

angel.gif

Both sold for approx. $5,400 4 years ago. Which one would you choose, and why?

1568179-best.jpg

..............or

1568179-cap74.jpg

Cap #74 for me.....everytime ( which is not that often ) a copy comes up for sale, people go nuts for it....it is a high demand, classic cover, really cool book with striking, rich colors and cover art.

1568179-cap74.jpg.581d77e814c78b11e2aab22dfd8d75a3.jpg