• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I'm waiting for the great crash so I can clean up! tongue.gif

I'll take my hand at posting the options. In this case they are books for the upcoming Heritage Auction.

Guides for $3450

823014042o.jpg

Guides for $3300

823086003o.jpg

The Red Dragon is a awesome cover and really appeals to the historian and anthropologist in me with all the racial stereotyping and war propaganda. But if it really came down to it, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I gotta go with the boobies and gams! devil.gif

I am a DC guy, but the Cap would get me, it just an incredil cover. If it was up against Worlds finest #3, then that would win. Valued way less, but 1st scarecrow... cloud9.gif

WF3 is the only one I would want, too. I haven't read the story, but I found this online.

wf3p1.gif

wf3p2.gif

wf3p9_t.gif

I'll take my hand at posting the options. In this case they are books for the upcoming Heritage Auction.

Guides for $3450

823014042o.jpg

Guides for $3300

823086003o.jpg

Two 9.4 and two 9.2 of the phantom lady in the census

One 9.6 and the next highest 7.5 on the red dragon.

The 9.4 colors aren't too great (gotta love the Fox production quality)

I'm going to say the Red Dragon as I think I could find a nice copy of the phantom lady easier................wait strike that...................I'll still go for the GGA .........I don't really think this is a fair comparison as I don't think they'll sell for near the same price in the Heritage Auction even though guide prices may be the same. I think the PL #16 will sell for much higher and has a much wider audience.

I saw the PL 16 before it was slabbed and it's a great copy of that issue, having seen a few in my time. It just doesn't have the brigt reds/blacks of the Red Dragon that show through the slab more easily and that scan well

I'd be happy with either book but would probably pick the Red Dragon because I'm reasonably happy with my PL 16. If I didn't have that, then I would narrowly choose the PL -- love that Baker GGA! . cloud9.gif

In 15 years of collecting, attending conventions, and talking to other collectors, I don't think I have ever heard once "do you have Red Dragon #6?"

AMEN!! very well said. With my years and your years added together that makes 35 years with nary a query regarding Red Dragon 6.

Ok...here's a real wild one I think ( if comparing 2 books to each other can be considered wild ). We have the highest graded Flash123 SA semi-key, and a 9.6 Batman #5 double cover that looks overgraded, and is by far IMO the most 8.0 looking 9.6 I have ever seen...nothing about this book looks NM+.( I know they are grading the inner cover, but we see the outer cover )

both sold for $24,000 in 2004

Which one would you choose, and why?

1572306-batman5.jpg

......................or

1572306-flash123.jpg

this is one of the few instances where I don't care what CGC says, that Batman is not a NM+, and I would choose the killer Flash 123

1572306-flash123.jpg.5afabfe49ab88a6c9c6f177c6fd03423.jpg

Ok...here's a real wild one I think ( if comparing 2 books to each other can be considered wild ). We have the highest graded Flash123 SA semi-key, and a 9.6 Batman #5 double cover that looks overgraded, and is by far IMO the most 8.0 looking 9.6 I have ever seen...nothing about this book looks NM+.( I know they are grading the inner cover, but we see the outer cover )

Which one would you choose, and why?

1572306-batman5.jpg

......................or

1572306-flash123.jpg

this is one of the few instances where I don't care what CGC says, that Batman is not a NM+, and I would choose the killer Flash 123

Batman 6. I've never owned a double cover and it's Batman!