• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

If given a choice wouldnt you have prefered Sensation number 1 to have been wonder womans 1st appearence.It stinks when a famous characters 1st apperence does not have them on the cover as with All star 8 [Wonder woman] or Archie [pep 22] both such blah covers. Plain. In both cases the Number 1 covers blew away the 1st appearence covers from an artistic point of view.

If given a choice wouldnt you have prefered Sensation number 1 to have been wonder womans 1st appearence.It stinks when a famous characters 1st apperence does not have them on the cover as with All star 8 [Wonder woman] or Archie [pep 22] both such blah covers. Plain. In both cases the Number 1 covers blew away the 1st appearence covers from an artistic point of view.

Absolutely!!!! That is a great point! All-Star #8 is not very desirable to me. Heck she was put in as an after though, not even a mention on the cover. Sensation #1 would have been a great way for her to make her "entrance". I love the book. Wish I had one right now.

Absolutely!!!! That is a great point! All-Star #8 is not very desirable to me. Heck she was put in as an after though, not even a mention on the cover. Sensation #1 would have been a great way for her to make her "entrance". I love the book. Wish I had one right now.

I mean even Superman 1st appearence like Wonder woman an Archie was in an Anthology title but the difference is he got the cover.

We'll compromise - you won't bid on any ashcans & I'll stay away from the X-Men. 27_laughing.gif

Seriously though, I wasn't trying to put down any specific person's collection. I actually have a few X-Men books (I think the highest I have is a lowly 9.2). I love the Dr. Doom cover on #145 & if someone had a 9.8 for sale, I'd probably bid on it! thumbsup2.gif

I love the 145 and I have a 9.8 shy.gif NFS

We'll compromise - you won't bid on any ashcans & I'll stay away from the X-Men. 27_laughing.gif

Seriously though, I wasn't trying to put down any specific person's collection. I actually have a few X-Men books (I think the highest I have is a lowly 9.2). I love the Dr. Doom cover on #145 & if someone had a 9.8 for sale, I'd probably bid on it! thumbsup2.gif

Bill Hughes has one his site. poke2.gif

Thanks for the info. That's a nice copy & I might just grab it. Although there are a whopping 51 9.8s out there, but only 2 graded at 9.9. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Now if I could get my hands on one of those.....
Doubt it. I would go after the 9.9 sumo.gif

I'd go for the Sensation as I don't think the Crippen copies should attract the premium that was paid for this comic.

At the price that Rick paid for his Tec #35 I would pay that and keep the change.

I paid exactly the same amount for these books this past year ... the RED RAVEN is about a F/VF, with slight restoration ( support at bottom staple, cover detached at top staple, very minor color touch), while the PLANET #1 is a G/VG, with no restoration (cover detached at top staple).

Which would you pick?

the RED RAVEN...

1596927-redravenPOSTlo.jpg

1596927-redravenPOSTlo.jpg.956372fd6addfcf316fce02782d3d4fd.jpg

Edited by RyanH