• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Hi.

Batman 1s are pretty common[by golden age standards only] still much rarer than any silver age keys. So your eyes are not decieving you at cons. BUT, your eyes are decieveing you at cons with Detective 27. Tec 27 is scarce on any scale.Why you are questioning that is because not dought you are crossing Metropolis both at the cons and presently they have 4 Tec 27s on display. That is throwing you perception off because no one else has a copy for sale.Sometimes these scarce books come up in spurts for some reason.That is the case here with Metro. The book is scarce, Period.

Yeah, Metro didn't have any 'Tec #27's for the longest time and now suddenly they have a good number. But it's an illusion. 'Tec #27 is scarcer than Marvel Comics #1, while Batman #1 is more common than almost any DC key other than All-Flash #1.

a fellow collector told me that alot of the "first generation" of comic collectors are cashing out, and that may also add to certain scarce books coming to market,.. does that theory have any merit, or is it way off base ?

a fellow collector told me that alot of the "first generation" of comic collectors are cashing out, and that may also add to certain scarce books coming to market,.. does that theory have any merit, or is it way off base ?

I don't think so........the opposite would probably me more accurate. With record prices continuing to escalate for the "big" books, we are apparently no where near the ceiling......that is when you may see some old folks cashing in their chips. A more likely explanation is the chaos theory......things don't always happen with a set pattern and predictability.......sometimes unexpected random events create the illusion of the market being flooded with a particular book, when in reality it may be very scarce, but 3 surface at one time as a fluke. The whole thing is chaos I tell you....and that's why I love it!

Yeah, Metro didn't have any 'Tec #27's for the longest time and now suddenly they have a good number. But it's an illusion. 'Tec #27 is scarcer than Marvel Comics #1, while Batman #1 is more common than almost any DC key other than All-Flash #1.
I saw two - three copies of All-Flash which is one book that I had never seen in person.

Hi.

Batman 1s are pretty common[by golden age standards only] still much rarer than any silver age keys. So your eyes are not decieving you at cons. BUT, your eyes are decieveing you at cons with Detective 27. Tec 27 is scarce on any scale.Why you are questioning that is because not dought you are crossing Metropolis both at the cons and presently they have 4 Tec 27s on display. That is throwing you perception off because no one else has a copy for sale.Sometimes these scarce books come up in spurts for some reason.That is the case here with Metro. The book is scarce, Period.

I guess its the fact that I see metro at every con I attend and they seem to have these books whenever I stop to see their display

Here's a twist - from two interesting posts in recent days. No sales data and very little grading data but you have to choose and choose only one. Tec 27 restored (piece added) or Captain America collection.

caps.jpg

1604244-1dec27.jpg

'Tec #27. Nothing against Timely's, but they suck.

More to the point, Timely's are for girls

S.

Absolutely.

And before anyone complains, please understand that I think there's nothing wrong with that. I'm certainly not going to begrudge girls who want to collect comics written especially for them.

'Tec #27. Nothing against Timely's, but they suck.

More to the point, Timely's are for girls

S.

Absolutely.

And before anyone complains, please understand that I think there's nothing wrong with that. I'm certainly not going to begrudge girls who want to collect comics written especially for them.

27_laughing.gif You DC guys are all in denial, Robin was the original tool wonder and DC would have been better off closing shop like Goodman did in the 50's instead of cranking out all those lame story lines. poke2.gif Even after Marvel has essentially captured the whole comic market in the early to mid 60's it still took DC almost another decade to realize that maybe Bathound or Superman's "Pal" Jimmy Olsen stories were for the birds. Of course I say this in complete jest and do admire pre-Robin Tec's, too bad it only lasted 11 issues. grin.gifstooges.gif