• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody want to try this Cap 59 ?

9 posts in this topic

Interior complete but 2 center leafs detached. No interior tears or creases or markings. Cover also detached. Darn single staple comics. frown.gif

Scan seems to make it look duller than it really is. But it would be wrong to brighten it up with Photoshop. crazy.gif

ca59.jpg

ca59b.jpg

Thanks in advance for any input!!

Technically, probably no better than a 2.5, but eye appeal would give it closer to 3.0 value IMHO.

Seems some collectors of low grade books find detached covers unacceptable, while others are more concerned with eye-appeal when bargain hunting.

Technically, probably no better than a 2.5, but eye appeal would give it closer to 3.0 value IMHO.

Seems some collectors of low grade books find detached covers unacceptable, while others are more concerned with eye-appeal when bargain hunting.

I could'nt of said it any better. I agree entirely. thumbsup2.gif

That is an awesome cover though. 893applaud-thumb.gif

If you don't mind me asking, ..how much did you pay for it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i agree with the rest... cant go higher than 2.5 , but that grade it can easily make.

Solid eye appeal, if i bought it for 2.5 guide i would not be dissatisfied... if i approved of detachments that is . The luxury of not collecting GA is that you can afford to have these requirements on your lower grade books grin.gif

That is an awesome cover though. 893applaud-thumb.gif

If you don't mind me asking, ..how much did you pay for it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm not trying to cop out on this question, but I got this from the original owner. He paid a dime for it when he was about 13 yrs old. He isn't a collector, more of a pack rat sort of a guy. His comics were well read, passed around amongst friends, used and abused, then loosely put in a box and thrown into an attic for about 60 years. Fortunately there's no water, mold, rodent or bug damage.

I'm not quite sure what to offer him for it, hence the requests for grading help. I want to be fair with him and was very unsure on how to grade with these defects. The consensus seems to be about 2.5. I really appreciate the help everyone has given here. hail.gif