• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Fell" and "Mouse Guard" questions

28 posts in this topic

Don’t know about Mouse Guard (although it looks good) but Fell is basically the story of a detective, demoted or reassigned (for what reason we don’t know yet) to a slummy area across the river named “Snow Town”. This town is inhabited by strange people with strange habits. They seem to be highly superstitious, including the female bartender the detective has taken a liking to. Although an ongoing series, the issue’s stories have been self contained with the detective solving a case per issue. Then there is the mysterious Nun that shows up in every issue. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DUDE!!!! I'm hooked, I picked up Fell because you guys were talking about it. I laughed out loud on the first page when the lady says she loves jesus after making a lewd statement about her husband and satan. I have to go back and get all the issues. hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifcloud9.gif

It has been a very good read to date! thumbsup2.gif

Watch out for that Nixon Nun! tongue.gif

Watch out indeed!

Fellnun.jpg

Nice avatar! yay.gif

Don’t know about Mouse Guard (although it looks good) but Fell is basically the story of a detective, demoted or reassigned (for what reason we don’t know yet) to a slummy area across the river named “Snow Town”. This town is inhabited by strange people with strange habits. They seem to be highly superstitious, including the female bartender the detective has taken a liking to. Although an ongoing series, the issue’s stories have been self contained with the detective solving a case per issue. Then there is the mysterious Nun that shows up in every issue. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DUDE!!!! I'm hooked, I picked up Fell because you guys were talking about it. I laughed out loud on the first page when the lady says she loves jesus after making a lewd statement about her husband and satan. I have to go back and get all the issues. hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifcloud9.gif

It has been a very good read to date! thumbsup2.gif

Watch out for that Nixon Nun! tongue.gif

Watch out indeed!

Fellnun.jpg

Nice avatar! yay.gif

27_laughing.gif Thanks, I just changed it today cloud9.gif

I'm a Warren Ellis addict, of sorts. He's able to give each of his titles a different "voice", meaning that it seems that a different writer is authoring each title.

So, besides Fell, I'm also reading Planetary, Down, Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E., and Desolation Jones.

Mouse Guard is a completely different kind of book (from the Ellis' books), and for me, is along the lines of Bone. It's a fun read.

After reading this thread last week I got motivated and picked up Fell #1-6. What a cool comic! I actually read them twice, once while under heavy medication (today being the first day in 6 that I feel well) and once while “sober”. Based on that, I’ll be saving all new issues until the next time I get sick. Though a fine read when “sober”, it’s downright GREAT while under the influence. thumbsup2.gif

After reading this thread last week I got motivated and picked up Fell #1-6. What a cool comic! I actually read them twice, once while under heavy medication (today being the first day in 6 that I feel well) and once while “sober”. Based on that, I’ll be saving all new issues until the next time I get sick. Though a fine read when “sober”, it’s downright GREAT while under the influence. thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif I'm Glad you enjoyed Fell, more people should be reading this title thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif I'm Glad you enjoyed Fell, more people should be reading this title sober! thumbsup2.gif

grin.gif