• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Fell" and "Mouse Guard" questions

28 posts in this topic

For those of you who bought or read it please give me a little info on them. Do you like it (why or why not). What comics do they compare to...and could you give me abreif idea what each is about. I hear that both are great books but I would like a little info on them before I buy.

Don’t know about Mouse Guard (although it looks good) but Fell is basically the story of a detective, demoted or reassigned (for what reason we don’t know yet) to a slummy area across the river named “Snow Town”. This town is inhabited by strange people with strange habits. They seem to be highly superstitious, including the female bartender the detective has taken a liking to. Although an ongoing series, the issue’s stories have been self contained with the detective solving a case per issue. Then there is the mysterious Nun that shows up in every issue. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don’t know about Mouse Guard (although it looks good) but Fell is basically the story of a detective, demoted or reassigned (for what reason we don’t know yet) to a slummy area across the river named “Snow Town”. This town is inhabited by strange people with strange habits. They seem to be highly superstitious, including the female bartender the detective has taken a liking to. Although an ongoing series, the issue’s stories have been self contained with the detective solving a case per issue. Then there is the mysterious Nun that shows up in every issue. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, that nun freaks the 893censored-thumb.gif out of me!

Seriously, this is an AWESOME book, and quite a bargain in today's comic world at only $1.99 per issue thumbsup2.gif

You can't go wrong!!!

Seriously, this is an AWESOME book, and quite a bargain in today's comic world at only $1.99 per issue thumbsup2.gif

You can't go wrong!!!

Ya know...I can't tell if it's a nun wearing a Nixon mask or if she's just plain fugly! insane.gif

You can't go wrong!!!

I read Fell 1 - 6 while the power was out. thumbsup2.gif

You can't go wrong!!!

Nice! thumbsup2.gif And what did you think?

You can't go wrong!!!

Ya know...I can't tell if it's a nun wearing a Nixon mask or if she's just plain fugly! insane.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I always thought it was a Nixon mask, but you never know insane.gif

Man, Fell is a book that can't be missed. Even though I'm not a huge Niles fan, it is unfreakinbelievable. The SuicideBomber issue was great. Finally read issue #5 recently and I LOVED it (Interrogation issue). Seriously, you don't even really need to read them in a row. They are almost stand-alones.

Mouse Guard is more in the fun vein. I just love the artwork and the format of the book itself (though annoying to protect). Good solid fun.

Pat

You can't go wrong!!!

Wierd but addictive. grin.gif

You can't go wrong!!!

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Man, Fell is a book that can't be missed. Even though I'm not a huge Niles fan, it is unfreakinbelievable. The SuicideBomber issue was great. Finally read issue #5 recently and I LOVED it (Interrogation issue). Seriously, you don't even really need to read them in a row. They are almost stand-alones.

Pat

Guessing you mean Templesmith not Niles?

I've only read issue 1 of Fell. I've been trying to power through some other long runs I have stocked up and have let that one build up a bit. Mouse Guard too. Have 1-4, have read none.

You can't go wrong!!!

That should be the tag line on the cover! thumbsup2.gif

You can't go wrong!!!

well hopefully the editor will step in and tell the tag line guy its WEIRD not WIERD. foreheadslap.gif

You can't go wrong!!!

well hopefully the editor will step in and tell the tag line guy its WEIRD not WIERD. foreheadslap.gif

Very starnge! 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif

You can't go wrong!!!

So it's "i" before "e" except after "w"... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well anyhow I can't wait for issue 7! yay.gif

DUDE!!!! I'm hooked, I picked up Fell because you guys were talking about it. I laughed out loud on the first page when the lady says she loves jesus after making a lewd statement about her husband and satan. I have to go back and get all the issues. hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifcloud9.gif

DUDE!!!! I'm hooked, I picked up Fell because you guys were talking about it. I laughed out loud on the first page when the lady says she loves jesus after making a lewd statement about her husband and satan. I have to go back and get all the issues. hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifcloud9.gif

It has been a very good read to date! thumbsup2.gif

Watch out for that Nixon Nun! tongue.gif

It has been a very good read to date! thumbsup2.gif

Watch out for that Nixon Nun! tongue.gif

Watch out indeed!

Fellnun.jpg