• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McFarlane upgrades his balls...

30 posts in this topic

yea, yea, yea...................No matter if we like it or not, this is still about money. It is still a business, and it's easy to stand on a soap box and chant about selling out. Kinda like screaming direction to people on a sinking ship.....................from the life boat wink.gif

not exactly. A guy takes a moral stand. PUBLICLY! (They got major press for breaking with Marvel as it was at the height of the Perelman era Marvel stock hype) And every chance they got, they said they because of the way they were treated.

SO when you set yourself up in the public eya as the "little guy in the right" against the big ,bad, mean, greedy Corporation......and then you BECOME the same. Well, I think people are allowed to de disappointed and disdainful.

All i'm sayin' is it's pretty naive to think this doesn't happen whenever things get too big. And sadlly enough, like you said, the "Little Guy" turns into what he was fighting against. Happens all the time. Dislike him all you want, he's doing what 90% of "Big Biz" does, find any way to make $$$.

Sad but true. frown.gif

All i'm sayin' is it's pretty naive to think this doesn't happen whenever things get too big. And sadlly enough, like you said, the "Little Guy" turns into what he was fighting against. Happens all the time. Dislike him all you want, he's doing what 90% of "Big Biz" does, find any way to make $$$.

Everyone has a price, including all of you reading this. When he was a "little" dog he was fighting the big dogs, not because he was in the "right" but because he wanted his peice of the pie. And given the opportunity to take his own pie, he didn't hesitate. There are few among is, if any at all, that wouldn't have done the same thing in his place.

and then of course there's poor Jim Valentino... what happened to him.

Foolkiller,

Jim V. is the Image publisher now,I'm sure he has money too.Ever hear him talk? sounds like a ,kinda like gman's friend and fellow shill bidder Jamie AKA Pumpkinface

AHAHAHAHHA. Would be on the ground laughing if I wasn't so tired. 27_laughing.gif

and then of course there's poor Jim Valentino... what happened to him.

Foolkiller,

Jim V. is the Image publisher now,I'm sure he has money too.Ever hear him talk? sounds like a ,kinda like gman's friend and fellow shill bidder Jamie AKA Pumpkinface

AHAHAHAHHA. Would be on the ground laughing if I wasn't so tired. 27_laughing.gif

Rick, trust me, I thought of you when i wrote that.

You know,As far as Mcfarlane goes,as a person and watching his "the devil you know" DVD he's very opinionated,an egomaniac and very cutthroat,A "my way or the highway type person when dealing with him in a business level,BUT people get the impresstion that you have to be that way when it comes to business,well those people are the kind of people who you stay away from (gman) It's not about driving the other guy into the ground trying to make a deal,both parties should walk away feeling good about the deal. Kevin

hmmm... no i've never met or spoken to Valentino. On the other hand, as Image publisher, I'm sure he's not hurting... he was never as big a name as the other guys...

I wonder who would be considered the most successful of the bunch? I suppose McFarlane, but inside the industry itself, I think it's gotta be Jim Lee.

Silvestri is the Top Cow at Top Cow comics, so he's doing pretty well too - he was trying to take Top Cow and break it into Hollywood - problem was that his licenses were not as marketable as Marvel's (look at Witchblade - I'm still sore about that - great potential ruined by a has been actress that looks more butch than the clientele form Police Academy's Blue Oyster bar...

I can't believe how much McFarlane has from just marketing his crappy Spawn character and from his action figures. He's gotta be worth at least 50+ mill if he can afford to pay $3 million on a stupid mcguire ball. Hell, i'll never buy another McFarlane product out of principle just because the man is an [!@#%^&^] and he's loaded.

This is great...I keep hearing how it's a shame how creators are not properly compensated for their contribution to comics and this creator, McFarlane makes it big and you put him down for it? You think if other comic creators mad it big they wouldn't be spending "foolishly" (from whose pespective?) either?

not because he is successful..but because he is a hippocrite. He earned the respect and admiration for standing up to Marvel's plantation business style. Then went out and got rich and treated his work for hire employees just as callously towards their efforts that led to Todds enrichment as Marvel (and DC) did.

and gererally has been a real hole for the past 10 years...

...and Spawn has sucked for about 100 issues now!

Actually, about 121 !!

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

not because he is successful..but because he is a hippocrite. He earned the respect and admiration for standing up to Marvel's plantation business style. Then went out and got rich and treated his work for hire employees just as callously towards their efforts that led to Todds enrichment as Marvel (and DC) did.

and gererally has been a real hole for the past 10 years...

...and Spawn has sucked for about 100 issues now!

Actually, about 121 !!

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Actually the eye candy stopped around issue 15,Todd got lazy and everything looked rushed after that,He stopped at issue 24.