• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Strange Tales #115

13 posts in this topic

Wow, razor sharp corners. I think the top and spine are just too worn to call it a 9.0. While it a very attractive copy, I see numerous spine creases. Borderline 8.0/8.5. Might go with an 8.5 because its unusual for a VF-ish book to have 9.4-9.6 quality corners.

Wow, razor sharp corners. I think the top and spine are just too worn to call it a 9.0. While it a very attractive copy, I see numerous spine creases. Borderline 8.0/8.5. Might go with an 8.5 because its unusual for a VF-ish book to have 9.4-9.6 quality corners.

KOR, Good observation. That's what I noticed when I bought it. The seller was gracious enough to agree with my assessment that it was trimmed and after comparing it with other issues it certainly is slightly less on. I was leaning to an 8.0-8.5 myself. The interior is fantastic. I would say OW/W

this won't come out right... but what is the deduction for trimmed?

Looking at it first thought was VF- maybe VF 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It would just get slapped with the Apparent grade label. The deduction comes more in the desirability to collectors.

Gotcha thumbsup2.gif

take a look at scans of ultra high grade copies then look at this one. silver age ULFC just don't look like that unless they are trimmed plus you see some vertical wear at middle top edge front cover that abruptly ends without marring the razor sharp appearance of the top edge... this is an almost sure indication the edge is trimmed! 5 will get you 10 if this book is certified it will come back as TRIMMED!

take a look at scans of ultra high grade copies then look at this one. silver age ULFC just don't look like that unless they are trimmed plus you see some vertical wear at middle top edge front cover that abruptly ends without marring the razor sharp appearance of the top edge... this is an almost sure indication the edge is trimmed! 5 will get you 10 if this book is certified it will come back as TRIMMED!

oops! misread your statement! foreheadslap.gif