• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OA Cover questions

3 posts in this topic

I recently went to see a cover that was for sale but while looking at it, I had the follwing questions:

1. The title of the cover was a stat. Is this common or always the case?

2. The story title on the cover was a paste-up and was close to coming off. How much does this matter? Would it be wise to get it re-pasted?

3. There were some white-out marks, but nothing too severe.

This is a separate question. On a cover, is the actual art typically only the action and background?

Sorry for the entry level OA questions, but i'm trying to learn.

Well, I've only owned one cover but the one I did own had all the title, pricing, etc as a stat. The only art was the main image on the page. It also had liquid paper or white out on the image but was used to make reflection effects in black areas on Iron Man which was kind of cool to see the published cover and the original art to see how the effect worked.

1. The title of the cover was a stat. Is this common or always the case?

2. The story title on the cover was a paste-up and was close to coming off. How much does this matter? Would it be wise to get it re-pasted?

3. There were some white-out marks, but nothing too severe.

1. Very common. Though on most modern art it's all done digitally.

2. Not much. It can be reapplied - though make sure you use a glue that is archival.

3. It's personal taste. Some people hate white out and won't buy anything with it.

This is a separate question. On a cover, is the actual art typically only the action and background?

That's pretty much everything that's on the cover. wink.gif But if you're asking about things like corner box art, those are usually stats too. Anything you would see from month to month to month is typically a stat.