• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT #1 1st Print Auction Ends 10/22 *DELETED*

20 posts in this topic

Hey Stronguy,

Yes, I tried auctioning these guys back in July. I'm fairly new to selling, and back then I think I did about 6 auctions (mainly TMNT & some Amazing Spiderman). 4 of the 6 went well, but the TMNT one (and an A.S.) didn't pan out. For TMNT, the final bid was $870. Played email tag w/ the winner for over a month (he said he needed some time to get the $$). Ultimately, this person ended up closing their account w/ ebay!

In hindsight, I shouldn't have given this person so much time, and shoulda made 2nd Chance Offers. I didn't want to get negative feedback from this bidder though. Anyway, I was an auction newbie (still am). So, we'll see how this one goes.

As for my current auction's high bidder---who just opened their account, they emailed me saying they may have issues making a purchase---atleast this person was forthright and let me know ahead of time.

So we'll see how this auction goes.

C.

hey thecollector,

Yeah, I purchased TMNT years ago, and it has been in storage untouched close to 20 years. Always thought of selling this book, and finally decided to this year. Since I am not good at qualifying the book's condition, I decided to get it graded via CGC. I had been watching other TMNTs (graded 8+) go for quite a bit, so I was excited to see what kinda grade I'd get.

needless to say, I was a bit disappointed when I saw it get a 6.5. I bought it when I was a kid back in '86. And by eye then (and now), I thought it was in great condition. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

In case you want to see a bigger picture of the comic, I uploaded a cover picture here:

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j1/siksikamacgyver/tmnt1/

Not the best scan, but a little bigger than the ones I have on the auction.

Thanks for the reply.

c.

This comic is 1 of only 3000 that were printed! It started, and continues to be a collector's item. It is a CGC graded 6.5 book.

Auction also includes 1st prints of #2-9 & 1st prints of all four "micro-series" issues.

Current bid is $500 and ends on sunday 10/22 at 18:00pacific time.

You can see the auction here .

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are getting messages from others, but this thread needs to be put into the Comic Market - Ebay section of the forum. You have listed in General Comics. This is a discussion area of the boards, not a sales area.

Thanks!

Hey Stronguy,

Yes, I tried auctioning these guys back in July. I'm fairly new to selling, and back then I think I did about 6 auctions (mainly TMNT & some Amazing Spiderman). 4 of the 6 went well, but the TMNT one (and an A.S.) didn't pan out. For TMNT, the final bid was $870. Played email tag w/ the winner for over a month (he said he needed some time to get the $$). Ultimately, this person ended up closing their account w/ ebay!

In hindsight, I shouldn't have given this person so much time, and shoulda made 2nd Chance Offers. I didn't want to get negative feedback from this bidder though. Anyway, I was an auction newbie (still am). So, we'll see how this one goes.

As for my current auction's high bidder---who just opened their account, they emailed me saying they may have issues making a purchase---atleast this person was forthright and let me know ahead of time.

So we'll see how this auction goes.

C.

It looks like one of your zero feedback bidders has a historied interest in TMNT.

As for the lead bidder, if he can't purchase, why haven't you cancelled his bid?

You're only hurting yourself leaving it there, because at least 50% of your potential bidders will be smart enough to recognize it as a likely shill reserve bid. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey Spamboy, welcome to strike city! makepoint.gif

The moderator has already been notified about this post.

frustrated.giffrustrated.gif

Yeah, I already hit it. How effectual that was!

It's like I saw a burglar and told my guard dog to sic him and I turn around and he's licking his balls instead.

foreheadslap.gif

Hey Spamboy, welcome to strike city! makepoint.gif

The moderator has already been notified about this post.

frustrated.giffrustrated.gif

Yeah, I already hit it. How effectual that was!

It's like I saw a burglar and told my guard dog to sic him and I turn around and he's licking his balls instead.

foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif