• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: MM 51

11 posts in this topic

I am really happy with this one. No resto, slight spine roll, some small chips out of the first interior page bottom edge and a couple other interior page edges. Nothing major though. Other than that, the defects can all be seen from the scans.

marvelcomics51.jpg

marvelcomics51bk.jpg

Come on. Somebody hazard a grade. makepoint.gif

I'm pretty sure I graded it at 6.5 last month . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gifhi.gif I'll have to check my PM's

Yep, here's what I said:

Nice book! Tough call from scans . . . but being a betting Man, I'd say 6.5. Perhaps a 7.0 in hand, but page quality would weigh heavy in my mind due to some of the flaking that is visible. The other concern I would have are the corners . . . is the chipping ongoing? I'd have a hard time going less than 6.0 on this one

From the scans I originally got I thought the interior edge chipping was much worse than it was. The first page stuck out a lot more and appeared to be pretty chewed up. Not so in hand....which was a nice surprise.