• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bold Stories

50 posts in this topic

From Bold Stories #2

I'm no expert, but these next two look like it might be Matt Baker art. Or maybe they're just Baker swipes. Anybody else have an opinion?

img3444qy1.jpg

img3443ht7.jpg

That looks like art by Powell.

I picked up a copy of #2 for $1 and sold it to John Lee at Continental about 10-15 years ago.

From Bold Stories #2

I'm no expert, but these next two look like it might be Matt Baker art. Or maybe they're just Baker swipes. Anybody else have an opinion?

img3444qy1.jpg

img3443ht7.jpg

I picked up a copy of #2 for $1 and sold it to John Lee at Continental about 10-15 years ago.

You sold it to me but I believe I paid more than a $1. :grin:

From Bold Stories #2

I also sold you this copy of Suspense 4 for more more than a dollar.

2198104213_dc3bc3c548.jpg

But the copy of Action 28 that you purchased from me was much better than the one I have now.

9759229462_330da3c847_z.jpg

Hi John :hi:

(worship) That's one whale of a book I'm still hunting... very nice!

2886183888_791e538280.jpg

I purchased a bunch of books signed by Joyce Kaltenbach on the front cover. The Suspense 3 was also signed by Joyce and I sold it to Dave Reynolds. :pullhair:.

From Bold Stories #2

But the copy of Action 28 that you purchased from me was much better than the one I have now.

Hi Dave - that Suspense 4 was pretty sweet. And it cost more than a $1!! I think Shay must have purchased the Action 28.

From Bold Stories #2

Hi Dave - that Suspense 4 was pretty sweet. And it cost more than a $1!! I think Shay must have purchased the Action 28.

Sorry John. It is Bruce, not Dave, and I have never met Shay. You purchased the Action 28

but refused to buy the Human Torch 3 that I "saved" for you. :makepoint:

From Bold Stories #2

Sorry John. It is Bruce, not Dave, and I have never met Shay. You purchased the Action 28

but refused to buy the Human Torch 3 that I "saved" for you. :makepoint:

Sorry Bruce. Are you sure it was me as I avoided buying almost all DCs and Timelys at that time as I was focusing on 40s and 50s esoteric stuff. I don't remember ever owning an Action 28 as I had little interest in Action or Superman at that time.