• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #1 8.5 sr

68 posts in this topic

Your talking about a huge some of money here.Im going to need more than just someones word.Even the dentist......

Fair enough, Peter. My original question was answered and there's no need to keep bugging you about this.

893whatthe.gifThe show is over already. I just got here.

Sorry, I was starting to feel a little like the adult who tells the kid there's no such thing as Santa Claus. Didn't have the stomach for it.

Your talking about a huge some of money here.Im going to need more than just someones word.Even the dentist......

Fair enough, Peter. My original question was answered and there's no need to keep bugging you about this.

Sorry, I was starting to feel a little like the adult who tells the kid there's no such thing as Santa Claus. Didn't have the stomach for it.

whoa...you mean there is really no santa claus? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif anyway i got your point FFB, its just action is passionate with his copy of his book. hypothetically if what you say happens to him...he will do Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif this...still he will still have one of the best copy of action 1 thumbsup2.gif

whoa...you mean there is really no santa claus? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif anyway i got your point FFB, its just action is passionate with his copy of his book. hypothetically if what you say happens to him...he will do Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif this...still he will still have one of the best copy of action 1 thumbsup2.gif

What I think is funniest about this whole thing is that when you're dealing with a copy of Action Comics #1 that has no restoration present, I'd be a lot more worried that the tiny stain I see might have been caused by a booger-fingered ten-year-old than I would that it once had a dot of color touch that was flaked away and is now gone.

You know I have a picture of the blue label 7.5 Action 1 but it stinks.Anyone have a better picture.

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/news_images/544_709_2.jpg

hey - - I was talking apples and apples! I referenced the 7.5 Superman#1 versus the Church formerly restored copy. Whos turned it into an Action#1? sheesh

O.k, Ok. I forgot........

You got a better scan for me though?

27_laughing.gif Peter's never going to look at his Action #1 the same again.

Well I would not be as happy as If I knew it was a virgin true untouched book....I would love it less.

Whioa!

"....Virgn true untouched..."?

Are we talking about a comic book or a wife in Medieval England?

Hey Scott...

I would not buy an Action 1 unslabbed. I would insist that it was graded before I bought it.

If it was a documented fact[the dot of color touch] I never would have bought it as that piece of info lives with the notes forever. If it was an unslabbed book and I knew it once had color touch I would not want it because If i knew it everone else does to.The book can carry a Rep with it.

With that said case in point,I do not believe the 8.0 Mile High Superman #1 can attain the price that an equivilent 8.0 non pedigree can[in my opinion] The book carries a Rep of being De-Restored that it cannot shake.It will impact the price negitively in my opinion

I don't buy big books, but if the Church copy of Supe 1 was for sale at the same price as an 8.0 non-pedigree copy I'd be selling off boxes of books to pay for its purchase.

Is $61K FMV for this book? (for the moderately restored 8.0 Tec 27)? Anyone know any recent sales stats?

Assuming that the book is really an apparent 8.0 and that the restoration level is Moderate and not Extensive, then $61K is right about what I would estimate to be the FMV, and maybe even a little below (I think Metropolis has a tendency to underprice restored key books -- just a personal opinion). An unrestored 3.5 sold for $72,500 in June 2005 (16 months ago). I have to think that a moderately restored 8.0 probably would have started out no worse than 3.0/3.5 before the restoration, and maybe even a 4.0. That being the case, when you take the pre-restoration value of the book and add $2,000 (rough estimate of the value of the restoration), you're looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of $60-75K, depending on what the pre-restoration grade was. (And I can't really estimate that from the front cover scan.)

quote//

I don't buy big books, but if the Church copy of Supe 1 was for sale at the same price as an 8.0 non-pedigree copy I'd be selling off boxes of books to pay for its purchase.

So you wouldnt blink at 350k than?

Time will tell who was right.

quote//

So you wouldnt blink at 350k than?

Time will tell who was right.

You said same price as non-pedigree. When did a 8.0 non-ped sell for 350k?

An 8.0 Superman #1 WILL sell for 350k..........It does not need the pedigree designation to do that at all.

You may be correct, but I need to see it happen and in a non-stupid money transaction (aka the recent Action 1 sale). But, after we see whatever that number is, I don't expect to change the answer I gave you, neither do I see Bechara doing the deal at that price much as I might like him to.

Your very wise.Lets substantiate it with a sale.But I am very confident of the prediction of 350k. Oh I am sure Bechara has fantasies of what is worth.But hes going to be dissapointed compared to that fantasy.That is also a prediction not a fact.

is there a scan somewhere? its last sale probably predates common usage of scans....tis a pity. I understood it to be flat and tight, not a second hand type Church book. The 7.5 looks like a 7.5. And there IS no known non-pedigree 8.0 copy, right?