• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twilight Pedigree?

6 posts in this topic

they are very tight and have graded overall pretty high. But when they were released, some dealers labeled them as too tan on the inside covers. But structurally, they are sweet. I always wondered if the tanning comments were motivated by jealousy to a degree. Many dealers bid on them and wanted them. But a consortium of Metro/Four Color/Showcase Dan bought them and split them up. So, are they too tanned? Some I have seen are but there were big runs of Batman and Detective plus other books in there...and they have come back 9.4 9.2 etc. thats all I know.

they are very tight and have graded overall pretty high. But when they were released, some dealers labeled them as too tan on the inside covers. But structurally, they are sweet. I always wondered if the tanning comments were motivated by jealousy to a degree. Many dealers bid on them and wanted them. But a consortium of Metro/Four Color/Showcase Dan bought them and split them up. So, are they too tanned? Some I have seen are but there were big runs of Batman and Detective plus other books in there...and they have come back 9.4 9.2 etc. thats all I know.

I haven't seen many of them Aman, but my buddy owns the Marvel #1 Twilight copy, it was submitted to CGC and came back with a 6.0 with off-white pages. Not a high grade, but certainly a respectable copy.

I haven't seen many of them Aman, but my buddy owns the Marvel #1 Twilight copy, it was submitted to CGC and came back with a 6.0 with off-white pages. Not a high grade, but certainly a respectable copy.

Marvel 1's kinda early. The runs tighten up a few years later and stay that way.