• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArAich Won???

6 posts in this topic

OK - a month or two ago, I sniped this out of ArAich's little fingertips,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

and at the time I was pleased/elated/ecstatic that I won it by a tiny margin of 2 cents over ArAich's second highest wienie bid. http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=300021628483

However...., I think ArAich might have truly won this auction (by losing it) based on the following:

Advertised as NM, quarter inch of chips missing in upper spine area near U in U.S., color breaking crease of two inches in lower RH corner of FC which probably won't be visible in scan. I'm not posting the back cover, as it's perfect.

When I got the book, I felt like I got hosed. However, on the other hand, you rarely see these U.S. Paratroops above a VG condition. This one is definitely nicer than my other copy. And yes, I can now see the chipping on the spine in the auction scan - when I was bidding, I thought it was the staple or something else.

Anyway, you be the judges. I know the damn thing ain't NM, but how bad is it???. Who won??? The Awesome ArAich or the Illustrious Lizards2??? confused-smiley-013.gif

BTW I paid 51.11 with about $3 shipping (not the $12.77 amount listed in the auction).

1456903-usparatroops2q.jpg

1456903-usparatroops2q.jpg.61753019840b352a3b925b294c707160.jpg

I have a copy of Bomber #1 that is CGC 7.5 with similar weird holes in the cover at the spine. Otherwise beautiful...so not uncommon and definately not nm.

Nice copy and for the price, still a great book.

You definatly squeaked by me on this one... sumo.gif

Although the grade isn't as advertised it still presents really well and I would see it as no big loss if you were to keep it...but since it's not HG I would have returned the book for a refund since he allows that as per his auction description... gossip.gif

I'd PM him with my concerns, and offer to return it, or take a partial refund......if you felt like you paid near the guide price based upon description. If you got it for well under guide even in the actual grade, I'd still try, but expect nothing.