• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spider-man 300 cover

26 posts in this topic

I believe there is a large splotch of white out on the front of the art that covers up a personalized inscription "To Terry/Talkin' Illustrations" signed Todd. Todd was a local comic artist in BC that lived 10 mins from me. The art was framed & for sale for an outrageous $1,000 back then. For that price, at the time, I would rather have bought a Byrne X-men page. tonofbricks.gif

Back then, 2 cases of Amaz Spidey #300 were distributed free at a local comicon. It is so common in nm here, u can't get 1/2 Ostreet for it.

Why is that......................thanks. Do you have a quick picture you can post.

Anyone own that cover for #316.

A friend of mine was the owner of that the last time I checked....and he got it from another friend of mine.

The value of a cover like that is astronomical in today's market.

If you are an ASM fan or a McFarlane fan (mostly the latter but a fair amount of the former) the choice between the 300 and the 316 is easy to make.

The 300's only bit of original art is the circle with spidey in the middle the rest is non original stat.

The 316 is the best cover rendition of Venom on a McSpidey cover, with one of the largest spidey images he did on a cover...90% of that art board is filled with characters.

Run of the mill ASM McSpidey Covers will run you $20-25k these days...for this cover you could offer $55-60k and not get the owner to sell it.

I don't collect his artwork, but I know the market well enough to discuss it. It is not a price I would pay but there are a bunch of folks that would.

Hope this helps.

Chris

People that grew up on that stuff have the "jones" for McFarlane that help get the prices into the stratosphere. I don't think he's a great artist, but he did draw Spider-man unlike anyone else at the time, bringing new enthusiasim to the title and then spawning a hundred

imitators.

And most importantly, his ASM is just cool to look at.... headbang.gif

I was always a huge GG/HG fan...so to have all three on the same cover was a dream come true. One of my two favorite covers from childhood...the other being ASM 252.

I love 252 and 136. And of course any Venom cover.