• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Hulk #3

16 posts in this topic

Heavy tanning and some serious pre marvel chipping to go with the marvel chipping already present.

It presents really nice structurally as the spine is pretty nice and corners pretty sharp.

Back looks to be a Fine with that little bottom edge tear and heavy tanning. Front appears to be VG with lots of plus for strucure, and lots of minus for tan and chips....

I'd say VG/FN at best and more likely VG+

I really had to talk myself into these grades, as my initial impression was VG-.

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GRADE THIS BOOK......

27_laughing.gif

The more Iook at it the more I realize this book is not even close the the FN+ it was listed as. I am also certain the PQ is cream to OW..just wondering if anyone else felt the same.

2.5 with a full 1.0 style points, for a 3.5 final. "Presents nicely for a book with so many issues....,"

You never know......CGC might be gentle, but I wouldn't buy it as a FN+

Some of the grades I have seen in the current: Iron Maniac's Comic Grading Contest...

the idea of a VG/F - 5.0 and i would think at the least 4.5

well.... again, CGC might give it that grade...

but again, agree i wouldn't buy it as F+

IMHO that chipping combined with the tanning knocks it down to a 4.0, even though it still retains some solid eye-appeal.

CGC and some others are way too lenient on Marvel chipping - pieces missing are pieces missing regardless of the publisher.

It all depends on whether you ignore Marvel chipping as CGC does. tongue.gif

IMO, I would grade it a 4.5 due to the chipping and pre-chipping tears.

It would not shock me if CGC gave it a 6.0.

confused-smiley-013.gif

One of my favorite SA covers. The yellow to orange gradation is cloud9.gif