• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TomMurnane Banned

109 posts in this topic

Matt is a professional in the restoration field who also happens to sell comic books on ebay.

smirk.gif found this post by the Blazing one to be greatly ironic in that professional paper restoration associations find it unethical to for their membership to engage in the selling of objects they performed services on. tonofbricks.gif

As for Tom, I didn't see eye to eye on everything he said, but I feel he did make some important and informative postings on the boards. But Big Brother is always watching.

You mean this highly ethical organization? 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

Matt is a professional in the restoration field who also happens to sell comic books on ebay.

smirk.gif found this post by the Blazing one to be greatly ironic in that professional paper restoration associations find it unethical to for their membership to engage in the selling of objects they performed services on. tonofbricks.gif

As for Tom, I didn't see eye to eye on everything he said, but I feel he did make some important and informative postings on the boards. But Big Brother is always watching.

Actually, I just checked and the AIC allows its conservator members to sell items they treat. They just caution to be mindful of the conflict of interest presented by conservation and art dealing -- the conservator is supposed to make sure that the treatments he recommends are not harmful to the item simply to make it more valuable for resale. [grenade] I don't think professional pressing counts as harmful to the item though.[/grenade] poke2.gif

Actually, I just checked and the AIC allows its conservator members to sell items they treat. They just caution to be mindful of the conflict of interest presented by conservation and art dealing -- the conservator is supposed to make sure that the treatments he recommends are not harmful to the item simply to make it more valuable for resale. [grenade] I don't think professional pressing counts as harmful to the item though.[/grenade] poke2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I wonder what they'd think of the failure to disclose those techniques as a vendor to the purchaser.

*Please allow 2-3 days for additional responses I'm in Direct TV Hockey Heaven*

Sorry, Sal, but if you want a response to an edited image on a board used to the likes of Red Hook, Mica, and Davenport, it has to be good (like this grin.gif). poke2.gif

I remember that. It was funny with just the right amount of social commentary. You should do more. thumbsup2.gif