• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good current series

47 posts in this topic

Well...... here in dear old Blighty, I reckon the best of the bunch at the moment are:

Fell.... absolutely excellent!

The boys...... Absolutely outrageous, but funny and dark!

Walking Dead

Criminal

Jonah Hex

I have managed to get hold of a full set of sleeper which should be here next week as well as a full set of Planetary, so will look forward to reading those too! cloud9.gif

Currently digging:

Green Lantern

Detective (Paul Dini's writing is fantastic!)

G.I. Joe-America's Elite (Absolutely awesome!)

Jonah Hex (Palmiotti and Grey are rocking this book!)

Painkiller Jane (I know the mini is over-but it was awesome and still on the shelf!)

The Boys

Dusty Star

Tales of the Unexpected (Great Spectre storyline and Dr. 13 by Azzarello!)

All bad......

Batman- I regret having a CGC subscription now that Grant Morrison has turned me off on the book. Really liked Judd Winick's run...oh well!

Wow, my list would be the exact opposite of yours. I liked Winnick but am digging Morrison's run on Bats. With the exception of 52 and maybe Detective, I find the rest of your list underwhelming.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess... thumbsup2.gif

laugh.gif No worries here Brother! The industry is lucky to have folks with diverse tastes to buy even the mediocre. Grant Morrison's story borders on camp and destroyed the mood Winick put out. Man-Bat was intriguing when he showed up because of his being unique. League of Assassin Man-Bat's? Spoiled murderer son beating on a teen titan who not only lost his best friend but father recently (in comic time)? If you can't say something nice.....

I enjoyed Painkiller Jane so much I wrote a letter on line and it is printed in Lone Ranger #2 (1st letter from Chris). Good times! laugh.gif

Current reads that I really enjoy:

JLA

Planet Hulk

Tales of the Unexpected

All Star Superman

Walking Dead

DMZ

Fables

Detective

Batman

Annihilation

Next Wave

Fell

Y: The Lastman

Runaways

100 Bullets

Loveless

Planetary

I can't wait for more Seven Soldier.

I have also really enjoyed Wildstorm's recent return - great talent that at least initally delivers IMHO (to bad about the delays).

Really liking Tales of the Unexpected too so far!

Enjoying the Dr. 13 storyline...the guy just CAN'T admit to the supernatural! 27_laughing.gif

Also cool to see "I, Vampire" show up. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, liked the I, Vampire show...the best and the Kaluta cover on number 2 rocked...

Also really like the Mystery in Space book...

And for my all-new Vertigo book....The Other Side....tells the story of the Vietnam war through the eyes of 2 new recruits...one vietnamese and the other American...from the guy(or the guys brother--can't remember) who wrote Full Metal Jacket. Anyway, enjoying this book so far

Johns is still doing good work on Titans -- the return of Jericho

Have I ever mentioned Exterminators...a funny book that's not just about bugs

I'm liking Jack of Fables too...