• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Help for the NYC National Show! Involves Romita's...

3 posts in this topic

Since I will be unable to attend the upcoming National show, I was wondering if there was a forumite who could help in getting a question answered by either John Romita Sr. and/or Jr. since they are both involved.

I recently obtained a nice pinup of Dazzler that was drawn by John Romita Sr. and Inked by Johnny Jr. It can be seen here: Dazzler Pinup

I swear I have seen this published somewhere but I just can't place it. On the back of the art, it is has the Marvel copyright stamp with a date of 1984 and above that has "50%" written in blue pencil, which convinces me that it was published somewhere.

So if anyone is planning to meet the Romitas at their table during the show, could you bring a print of the art to show them and ask if they can recall where it may have been published as? ie: house ad / a printed pinup or whatever. I would really appreciate any assistance with this.

Thanks!

Dang, I have seen it too but can't remember what it was. I dont believe it was a pin-up but used for a Marvel ad. It was probably a common ad because that picture is very familiar. Possibly for subscriptions. You may want to try posting this in the bronze and copper section. It WAS definitely published.