• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Green Lantern 76

15 posts in this topic

This is my third PGM thread. Since I'm planning on joining as a paid member to the "Society" and get my 3 free submissions, I thought I'd post my three top choices to see if its even worth it. Besides my G.I. Combat #78 and Foxhole #2 I am thinking of submitting this issue of GL 76, although having second thoughts about this one as I think it only grades about a 7.5.

GL76a.jpg

GL76ab.jpg

Honestly, I'm not sure about 7.5 on this book. A few too many minor defects IMHO bring the grade down. Quite a bit of spine stress, light color breaking crease right corner, light soiling on back cover, also looks like color rub along spine, and what looks like a tear where green arrow is saying "never again" bring the grade down to about 6.5 at best. I'm not trying to be hard on your book, just think it's more in the Fine range.

4.0 sumo.gif No way you should ever slab this puppy

4" crease LRFC; 3/8" and 1/4" tears at REFC; moderate spine creasing; general soiling; wear at edges and corners . . . book no way, no how grades in the FN range. I'm having trouble seeing a 5.0 tongue.gif

4.0 sumo.gif No way you should ever slab this puppy

4" crease LRFC; 3/8" and 1/4" tears at REFC; moderate spine creasing; general soiling; wear at edges and corners . . . book no way, no how grades in the FN range. I'm having trouble seeing a 5.0 tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif thanks for setting these guys straight divad! Less work for me tonofbricks.gif

i think it's a VG/FN, personally. which is a 5.0 to the n00bs.

but this book isn't sniffing VF, sad to say. but on the positive side, it's going to hold value for a while

but this book isn't sniffing VF, sad to say. but on the positive side, it's going to hold value for a while

bummer, knew it was better than a 4.0! It's a pretty 5.0 though, just may not bother upgrading, happy with the way it looks.

bummer, knew it was better than a 4.0! It's a pretty 5.0 though, just may not bother upgrading, happy with the way it looks.

obviously, the most important thing.... thumbsup2.gif

4.0! 893whatthe.gif now I'm not a serious grader but I am 90% sure that this book rates higher than that. I might have to slab it to prove you wrong.....

i was actually thinking 4.5/5.0 but a 4.0 is a WAY closer than anything in the high grade range. Anyone who thinks this is high grade fails the CGC grading forum final exam!