• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a friendly hello (first post)

31 posts in this topic

I think my collecting side started when I was able to get a subscription to The Micronauts. I was thrilled seeing it in the mail. I have doubles and even triples of the whole series; I think it was because the ones in the mail would always be damaged in some way, so I would try to get a better copy when I could. I had loads of the toys, so that is what led to the comic obsession with them.

One of the few toys I kept from my childhood, what was this guy's name again?

1474063-Robot.jpg

1474063-Robot.jpg.ce202d8aad51d4d704505c9746b1bcbb.jpg

[quote

1474063-Robot.jpg

I will admit I had to do a quick search, but that is Microtron. As a kid I didn't recognize the motorized thingy as being so... intimate. At the site I visited I saw this description "Although it's inappropriately located, Microtron has a large drill/screw that is also motorized". Personally, I had him drilling into dirt mounds in the backyard, not into other toys smile.gif.

[quote

1474063-Robot.jpg

I will admit I had to do a quick search, but that is Microtron. As a kid I didn't recognize the motorized thingy as being so... intimate. At the site I visited I saw this description "Although it's inappropriately located, Microtron has a large drill/screw that is also motorized". Personally, I had him drilling into dirt mounds in the backyard, not into other toys smile.gif.

classic toy 27_laughing.gif

Hey! Welcome to the boards Johnfm! thumbsup2.gif

I've been reading your posts.... it's nice to go through memory lane every once in awhile.

Keep the posts coming.... popcorn.gif

Thanks! Not only have I travelled down the comic back lane, I am also travelling down a Micronauts and GI Joe action figures lane as a result. I just hope I don't regress back to Playskool "barn door that moos" lane.

I would have a lot more of those things had there not been two siblings: an older one using my stuff for home-made stop-action 16mm (or maybe 8mm, I am unsure now) movies, and a younger one for sneaking into my room to covertly get at my old stuff. Ah, to have been an only child.

I would think we all might have a story about a sibling or childhood friend casually (or maliciously) destroying comics and favorite old things. A friend's mom threw out his X-Men 94. I wonder if he ever bought one again, at hundreds times what he paid for it then. My father told me how my grandmother threw away his collection of 1940's Green Lantern, those would have been so incredible to see, in any shape. The lesson seems to be: keep your comics hidden from your mother at all times, under all conditions smile.gif