• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The CGC Gold Boards Awards !!!

196 posts in this topic

Just curious, who has the MOST golden age posts?

No idea, but I think I know who has the most posts about Action 1. poke2.gif

I forgot to mention the winner IMO of another category:

member who is most likely to appear on Hannity and Colmes about 2 months ago at 10 pm discussing someones legal rights who is involved in a high profile Federal lawsuit, while I was laying in bed watching TV: EsquireComics

1. funniest poster - Showcase... Couldn't stop laughing when I read OO was more important than Action 1 - he came around though

2. most knowledgable poster - Jon Berk - everyone hangs on every word when he posts

3. most entertaining poster - depends on the thread...

4. most obnoxious poster - Depends on topic... BlueChip on resto... Action1Kid on Action #1... Showcase and Bob on OO...

5. "coolest" poster - Filter81... always calm and just posts his beauties...

6. favorite all-time poster - Jon Berk - Just pops in once in a while and drops a gorgeous book on you or a great article... then gone again.

7. best active thread - Skybolt's Slabbed GGA goodness

8. worst active thread - active.. none... Most annoying... the 100+ Action 1 threads started by newbies.

9. greatest Boards quote - most popular... will you adopt me

10. greatest Boards ...shall we say, arguement? - Bob vs. Ciorac

11. Most Impressive Large collection - Jon Berk... is there anything he doesn't have? Are any of his books not pedigreed?

12. Most Impressive Small collection - Action1Kid... you only have 2 books right?

13. Most likely to snatch books you want from under you - Skybolt... taking all the nice GGA's

In terms of comicbooks yes my collection is small.In terms of Superman and Batman it is huge.comics,posters,vintage toys, screen worn costumes and much much more.

man you should post some photos. would love to see some of that.

1. funniest poster - Hmmm..Sho Nuff for the low road & Ciorac for the "high?"

2. most knowledgable poster - I have to give bob credit here, as he is very knowledgable. Its just his lack of knowledge in what a comic book actually is I find troubling.

3. most entertaining poster - Adamstrange, don't know whyexactly, I just always love his posts & take on things.

4. most obnoxious poster - tough one, Maybe Bluechip

5. "coolest" poster - Centuarman

6. favorite all-time poster - Hp, hkp, whatever he is going by now, His insight & collection of Duck books makes me teary eyed each time he posts.

7. best active thread - too hard to narrow down

8. worst active thread - not relevant.

9. greatest Boards quote - I'd have to look it up, but I'm sure its in OO vs. Action 1

10. greatest Boards ...shall we say, arguement? - Bob vs. Ciorac no doubt!

and... I nominate myself for most books posted that excite the least people! cloud9.gif

and... I nominate myself for most books posted that excite the least people! cloud9.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Thanks for the laugh!

If there was an award for classiest board member you would win that one, hands down.

4. most obnoxious poster - Depends on topic... BlueChip on resto..

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

I am honored.

At first I couldn't believe I'd lost out to the guy who said all restored books were :turds" juggle.gifbut then I saw he started the thread, so perhaps that put him out of the running.

9. greatest Boards quote -- shonuffs picture of beerbelly with dollar signs for eyes

for those of you who haven't seen this gem yet....from the OO vs.Supes thread

"beerbelly" is Ciorac's nick name for Bob Beerbohm 893applaud-thumb.gif

But, in all fairness, it is a term of endearment, not ridicule.

I don't know, I think both myself and Bobpfef could give you a run for your money on that one 27_laughing.gif

Not in my book. As long as you keep the Archie's and teen humour coming you're darn entertaining!