• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mylite again!!

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the cheapest place for me to get some Mylite bags from, preferably in the UK or from the US if they ship to the UK?

I reckon I need quite a few to really protect some of my collection.

Thanks in advance. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Does anyone know the cheapest place for me to get some Mylite bags from, preferably in the UK or from the US if they ship to the UK?

I reckon I need quite a few to really protect some of my collection.

Thanks in advance. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I ordered some 600 mylite2s and half backs from comicsupply a few months back. Even with shipping it worked out cheaper than buying them locally in the UK.

Thanks for that 893applaud-thumb.gif , will be asking them for a shipping quote tomorrow.

Are Mylite 2's the best "all rounder"? I have some quite a few comics in Mylites, but I am not sure which ones they are. They came with them!! blush.gif

Thanks for that 893applaud-thumb.gif , will be asking them for a shipping quote tomorrow.

Are Mylite 2's the best "all rounder"? I have some quite a few comics in Mylites, but I am not sure which ones they are. They came with them!! blush.gif

I personally like the Archives much more than the Mylite2's. I have used both and I enjoy the ease of getting the book out of the Archive vs the Mylite2.

I dont know what type of books you collect, but for myself, I love the Archive and Fullbak combo. I never have to worry about changing the bags or the boards and the extra weight of the fullbacks makes think the book if much better protected.

I use Regular Archives and Silver Fullbaks. I then cut the fullback down 1/32 of an inch to make it fit better.

One note, if you plan on using Archives, you will most likely need to use magazine size boxes for them to fit correctly.

The ones I have are the ones that Showcase send their comics out in. I don't know if they are the bog standard, cheapest ones, they don't have any flaps or anything, you just slip the comic in. They are pretty wide though but they do fit in comic boxes.

The ones I have are the ones that Showcase send their comics out in. I don't know if they are the bog standard, cheapest ones, they don't have any flaps or anything, you just slip the comic in. They are pretty wide though but they do fit in comic boxes.

I have only bought from them twice so I dont know what Archives they use.

I had to go to magazine boxes to get mine to fit. Might have been that my old boxes were small or something confused-smiley-013.gif