• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 1 OA

18 posts in this topic

Anybody know who has this and how much its worth??

If you are talking about the 1963 Interior Art to X-men #1 by Kirby then you are probably looking at $300k+ for the entire story if sold intact.

It was originally offered out for sale over 5 years ago at a price of one million dollars in a publicity stunt (that seemed to work) and then was sold to a famous musician in the neighborhood of $200-250k (I can't remember the figure this early on a sunday). Recently, there was some talk of the artwork moving again but no decisions were ever reached or solid dollar figures exchanged.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Anybody know who has this and how much its worth??

If you are talking about the 1963 Interior Art to X-men #1 by Kirby then you are probably looking at $300k+ for the entire story if sold intact.

It was originally offered out for sale over 5 years ago at a price of one million dollars in a publicity stunt (that seemed to work) and then was sold to a famous musician in the neighborhood of $200-250k (I can't remember the figure this early on a sunday). Recently, there was some talk of the artwork moving again but no decisions were ever reached or solid dollar figures exchanged.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Hey Chris,

I had no idea the X1 art had changed hands. $200 -250K seems a hell of come down from the one mill price tag. Is this the famous musician who is also an art dealer?

Clem,,,

Sorry guys, i don't know who KH is. I guess he must be famous in the US huh?

I remember walking down a SD con with Glen Danzig and all the fan boys were going all googly eyed at him. I couldn't figure it out until someone told me Glen was famous.

Clem....

Sorry guys, i don't know who KH is. I guess he must be famous in the US huh?

I remember walking down a SD con with Glen Danzig and all the fan boys were going all googly eyed at him. I couldn't figure it out until someone told me Glen was famous.

Clem....

KH is the guitarist for Metallica.

I talked to Danzig for a little while at this year's SDCC, but only because he was selling art and had a nice Moore Swamp Thing cover. I'm not a fan of his music, but he seemed like an ok guy.

I talked to Danzig for a little while at this year's SDCC, but only because he was selling art and had a nice Moore Swamp Thing cover. I'm not a fan of his music, but he seemed like an ok guy.

I've had very good dealings with Danzig in the past. Very nice guy to boot.

And he tends to give discounts on the art....but that's based only on my interaction with him at SDCC.

-Hart