• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

comicbook reprints

22 posts in this topic

yes, that's exactly it. was recieved in and kept in a plastic covering, though the front cover has some fine wrinkles in it. sale price on it was listed as $2.95 US. is this one i should have checked out then? can try to get a copy of it or have it scanned........i tried w/ the plastic on it, but the scanner put other colors on the final picture that are not on the book.

Basically reprints are just that, a reproduction of the original, and as such don't carry a back issue premium. Reprints are generally bought by comic books fans as reader copies and are only generally going to be worth cover price or less.

how about the reprints of Batman 608 and 612... they actually seem to have independent value... not that Wizard is the bible necessarily, but... they list the reprint of 612 as having a higher value than the first print I think.

how about the reprints of Batman 608 and 612... they actually seem to have independent value...

That is because they have alternative covers, therefore have an added appeal for the collector not found in the original. Marketing, Marketing, Marketing...

Marvel Tales Ann #1, other Marvel title annuals & Secret Origins (DC) series from the 60s have collector value due to the vintage & the fact that they were squarebound reprints. Similiar to DC 100 pg Super-spectaculars. Reprints but squarebound collectors love them. acclaim.gif

how about the reprints of Batman 608 and 612... they actually seem to have independent value... not that Wizard is the bible necessarily, but... they list the reprint of 612 as having a higher value than the first print I think.

True - these reprints have different covers = more Jim Lee artwork so fans go nuts to own it. THe 612 reprint is a sketch cover so it is riding the hype of the DF sketch cover success that they did with Marvel comics(remember Ultimate X-men 1 DF sketch with wovies claws tearing up the page?)

I have heard Eerie 17 is a reprint of stories. Although it is a reprint, it's pricey. Worth much more than overstreet says. The story is although the eeries printed in and around that time had thousands of copies warehoused (making these issues relatively inexpensive considering their age) this particular issue was never warehoused and available as a back-issue. If you wanted one, you would have had to have purchased it on the stands new.

Anybody out there know any more on this?

Eerie 17 is, as you said, the only book in the run that wasn't warehoused. I have been looking for one for a year - I'm always getting outbid on them at scary stupid money prices. 10, 12, 15 times guide.

I just mine for about $230.00. It's was about my 6th or 7th attempt over the last few years. Seller called it a VF- and it was. It's high I know, but that's what they go for now. frown.gif

On 6/30/2003 at 8:10 PM, blowout said:

Basically reprints are just that, a reproduction of the original, and as such don't carry a back issue premium. Reprints are generally bought by comic books fans as reader copies and are only generally going to be worth cover price or less.

I have a few Action Comics reprints that are sealed up with certificates of authenticity that are visible & signed by the publishers. Any knowledge you can share about that circumstance?

11 hours ago, LuckeighOne said:

I have a few Action Comics reprints that are sealed up with certificates of authenticity that are visible & signed by the publishers. Any knowledge you can share about that circumstance?

The reprint of Action Comics #1 that is signed by Jerry Siegel has quite a nice value... if it's one of those... you've got something.