• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Comics for sale!

84 posts in this topic

Shawn,

As Rickdogg clearly stated, he had a poor transaction with an eBay member named VideoGameLand - which was attached to the real life name of Shawn Surmick. This Shawn Surmick also had a NARUd ebay account of VintageComics and posted for a very brief period of time (4 posts, of which one is deleted) on these CGC Boards under the name of VintageComics.

comicworm stated he sold on eBay under the ID of electrogames - an eBay ID that is attached to the real life name of Shawn Sumick of the Philadelphia area. He sought out and sold HG CGC graded books and videogames on his eBay store. Many of these auctions/store listings were advertised on these very forums. comicworm got caught in a lie calling himself a lawyer on these boards.

Now, electrogames comes along and advertises his eBay auctions - eBay ID attached to real life name of Shawn Sumick of the Philadelphia area. He claims he has sold on eBay under the identity of electrogames for the past three years. The items listed for auction/sale by electrogames are very similar, and in some cases identical, to items advertised by CGC user comicworm for eBay store electrogames over a year ago - HG CGC Bronze and video games.

Now, I have no doubt that you are the Shawn Surmick you say you are. But VintageComics and comicworm are also Shawn Surmick. You claim that you, Shawn Surmick of the Philadelphia area, are different from these past two Shawn Surmicks of the Philadelphia area. Based on their limited interests (HG CGC Bronze books and videogames), posting styles (".....", multiple short posts on after another, avoidance of the issue at hand), and ties to the same real name of Shawn Surmick of the Philadelphia area, it seems pretty obvious to me that all three are one in the same.

If I have any facts wrong, please correct me.

-Bob

Shawn,

As Rickdogg clearly stated, he had a poor transaction with an eBay member named VideoGameLand - which was attached to the real life name of Shawn Surmick. This Shawn Surmick also had a NARUd ebay account of VintageComics and posted for a very brief period of time (4 posts, of which one is deleted) on these CGC Boards under the name of VintageComics.

comicworm stated he sold on eBay under the ID of electrogames - an eBay ID that is attached to the real life name of Shawn Sumick of the Philadelphia area. He sought out and sold HG CGC graded books and videogames on his eBay store. Many of these auctions/store listings were advertised on these very forums. comicworm got caught in a lie calling himself a lawyer on these boards.

Now, electrogames comes along and advertises his eBay auctions - eBay ID attached to real life name of Shawn Sumick of the Philadelphia area. He claims he has sold on eBay under the identity of electrogames for the past three years. The items listed for auction/sale by electrogames are very similar, and in some cases identical, to items advertised by CGC user comicworm for eBay store electrogames over a year ago - HG CGC Bronze and video games.

Now, I have no doubt that you are the Shawn Surmick you say you are. But VintageComics and comicworm are also Shawn Surmick. You claim that you, Shawn Surmick of the Philadelphia area, are different from these past two Shawn Surmicks of the Philadelphia area. Based on their limited interests (HG CGC Bronze books and videogames), posting styles (".....", multiple short posts on after another, avoidance of the issue at hand), and ties to the same real name of Shawn Surmick of the Philadelphia area, it seems pretty obvious to me that all three are one in the same.

-Bob

Somebody is having an identity crisis. crazy.gif

What I am telling you is that first of all none of those other ebay accounts (i.e. vintagecomics or vieogameland) ever belonged to me.

Second, I believe a disgruntled customer, buyer, competitor, or whatever, came here claiming to be me under vintagecomics. This person may be the same poster as comicworm. He knew my name and address from doing business on ebay. He may of even set up an ebay account under my name, who knows. But none of the other posters you mention are me! That is what I am saying.

Hard to believe? You bet! Would I believe it if I was you? Hard to say! However, I am the real electrogames!

Shawn,

-Bob

Somebody is having an identity crisis. crazy.gif

Correct! That is the whole point of this post! I wonder if Rickdogg kept any paperwork on the original transactions? It's only benn three years...but who knows? I really am not trying to convince anyone here of this, but I am a little concerned that someone would post here claiming to be me. Wouldn't you if the situation was reversed?

I highly doubt my competition on eBay would do anything like this, but I have been selling on eBay for three years, so who knows.

Thanks! Big kudos have to go to FT for putting the clues together. thumbsup2.gif

Shawn, why would a competitor post for a long times on these boards and advertise your auctions?

-Bob

Who was advertising my auctions? Comicworm said he owned electrogames or the rights-I have yet to find a post where he advertised any of my eBay auctions! I am still sifting through his posts though as we speak.

As for vintagecomics, if you read the postthey never completed the transaction, so vintagecomics could of told rickdogg he was anyone! I too am trying to get to the bottom of this. If you guys think its best for me to leave the forums, I gladly will, but please don't accuse me of being someone else. I am electrogames and electrogames CGC comic gallery is my ebay store. I am not a lawyer and have only had the three ebay accounts I already posted (electrogames, electrogames2, and electrogamecollector). I do not have any involvement with vintagecomics or videogameland. If you don't believe me, just report me to eBay for being a NARU and having an active account!

Shawn,

-Bob

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Vault of Evil 1 is in storage. I will get it out and get you a scan or at least list it in my eBay store so you can see it. Just give me a few days on that and no, it is not the one on PedigreeComics.

That's actually a good thing. Thanks! headbang.gif

Let me know Sterling, if you still want to see a scan of Vault of Evil 1 CGC 9.4 when I pull it out of storage. I am a man of my word, but judging from the size of this thread, it may take another 30 pages just to verify who I am! Thanks for your time!

Who was advertising my auctions? Comicworm said he owned electrogames or the rights-I have yet to find a post where he advertised any of my eBay auctions! I am still sifting through his posts though as we speak.

Comicworm - CGC graded books for sale!

Similar to your format here, Comicworm does not provide a link to his eBay page but had previously stated that his eBay ID was electrogames. If he were a competitor of yours, why would he advertise YOUR auctions?

As for vintagecomics, if you read the post, they never completed the transaction, so vintagecomics could of told rickdogg he was anyone!

E-mails were sent to and from Shawn Surmick and Rick had access to the real name behind the ID - and said it was Shawn Surmick.

I am not a lawyer

We know.

If you don't believe me, just report me to eBay for being a NARU and having an active account!

From what I can tell, you have very good feedback as electrogames and taken at face value, it seems like you are a respectable seller. Your eBay history isn't in question here - your CGC Board history, however, is. I don't see how you can prove that the past two accounts weren't yours when your whole explanation is that it was competitors posing as you.

Honestly, you have raised some interesting questions in the other threads you started as CGC member electrogames, have good eBay feedback, and have books relative newbies like me dream of owning someday. You could give a lot to this forum and could learn quite a bit in return if you stay around. But the one thing that the members here hate above all else is dishonesty, and so far you are on very shaky ground. If you actually don't have a past on these boards, I'm afraid you are going to have to come up with one hell of an explanation to gain any respect. If your board history is as all signs make it appear to be and you fess up to it before digging a deeper hole, I think you would find some forgiveness from the board and have a shot at a very rewarding board experience.

-Bob