• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The GA "Short Bus" Thread Post your unpopular books!
2 2

993 posts in this topic

:bump:

Cinderella Love. Now, we're talking Short Bus. Paid too much for it I know but I sorta like the cover (even in a cheesy way). The back cover is surprisingly ad-free and features a pin-up page.

The third story with the cover blurb of "Love is always sweeter on The Long Way Home" takes place in France and is a slight mix of romance and spy action. I'm attaching a page below. She tries ... mildly to defend herself. :cry:

N.B.: :gossip: Jack , this book is one of the 3 undocumented ones

Great book Scrooge, thanks for sharing the back cover. I'll have to check it out in the future.

OK, one Short Bus book from the big buy. (Is it really Short Bus material?)

An unusual reprint of Large Feature Comic 11 from the Chicago Tribune in 1982. It seems to be a cover to cover reprint with a semi-glossy cardstock cover, black and white interiors. I suspect that it's the same size as the original.

dicktracyx.jpg

How could I resist Tracy squaring off against a villain named The Mad Doc Hump? HAW!

Best of all (for me) is this great chemistry page with an accurate recipe for nitroglycerine.

LargeFeature11.jpg

Jack

I love Tracy :luhv:

Y'know, I even spelled it with a 1 to avoid the spoony business. CGC is too smart for that obvious mask!

Do you have this reprint? (More likely you have the original, I bet.)

Jack

I love Tracy :luhv:

Y'know, I even spelled it with a 1 to avoid the spoony business. CGC is too smart for that obvious mask!

Do you have this reprint? (More likely you have the original, I bet.)

Jack

you would win that bet..... :cool:

OK, D:ck Tracy is not a short bus comic. This is. And a tough Short bus book to beat. BTW it's for sale now on ebay as part of a short bus lot.

scan0045.jpg

Edited by ft88

OK, D:ck Tracy is not a short bus comic. This is. And a tough Short bus book to beat. BTW it's for sale now on ebay as part of a short bus lot.

scan0045.jpg

Whoa -- that Bus is so Short it looks like a minivan. Glad to see so much support here for my Mr Tracy reprint.

I like the Short-Busness of Nuttylife. New one on me.

What does this mean?

"Nice lot of covers with some interior stories. Most are incomplete."

Are they mostly covers only, just a few with pages?

Thanks,

Jack

when you go after a run, you take the good with the bad.

champ25.jpg

Now show us the Bad!

Jack

(you can keep the Ugly to yourself)

thanks Jack, but for a run that has this kind of stuff, i figured the jeep needed to be on the short bus.

champion.jpg

when you go after a run, you take the good with the bad.

champ25.jpg

Now show us the Bad!

Jack

(you can keep the Ugly to yourself)

thanks Jack, but for a run that has this kind of stuff, i figured the jeep needed to be on the short bus.

champion.jpg

hm. Maybe if the Liberty Lads in the jeep took off their shirts like Duke O'Dowd, The Human Meteor, you'd think more highly of #25.

What's The Human Meteor's shtick? Do the Liberty Lads really have a flying jeep, or is that artistic license?

Jack

It's here: Buster Bunny # 13 :) And off to the Short Bus it goes. Buster is really a brat but in the end he does get taken to the shed by his dad for a good spanking!

(And for those GCD Editors Elite, the indicia does state March 1952)

65147.jpg.0c6b5b3161d336d20e077668ba9d456d.jpg

It's here: Buster Bunny # 13 :) And off to the Short Bus it goes. Buster is really a brat but in the end he does get taken to the shed by his dad for a good spanking!

(And for those GCD Editors Elite, the indicia does state March 1952)

Is that an Archie 1 swipe!?!

Thanks. I wish my #15 weren't in storage already or I'd index it while I'm at it.

Jack

The Short Bus collection got a MAJOR boost at last weekend's VCC, thanks to a seller who shall remain anonymous but she has two colors in her board name.

They're not in my hands yet, but here's a preview.

Can you imagine a more action-packed cover than Picture Progress Vol 1 #5?

A photographer! A printing press! Floating on ominous red and green clouds against a static yellow sky!

pictureprog50001.jpg

Harvey Hits 18 featuring Buzzy the Crow, star of TV and movies!

Eh? Has anyone here ever seen a Buzzy the Crow movie? I have only the vaguest memory of seeing him in a few Harvey cartoons on TV, classic black stereotype crow with a voice imitating Eddie Anderson (Benny's Rochester).

buzzy0001.jpg

More to come, if you can stand the excitement.

Jack

Have you ever noticed that MY collection, seems to be morphing into YOUR collection?

Yes, I have.

Unfortunately too late!

But after I'm done hawking these primo books on the Short Bus thread, people will be clamoring for them. Quick flips!

Be prepared to own some GGA next year, when I decide to change from that;) :angel:

I'm salivating in anticipation.

Jack

Have you ever noticed that MY collection, seems to be morphing into YOUR collection?

Yes, I have.

Unfortunately too late!

But after I'm done hawking these primo books on the Short Bus thread, people will be clamoring for them. Quick flips!

Be prepared to own some GGA next year, when I decide to change from that;) :angel:

I'm salivating in anticipation.

Jack

(tsk)Drooling =water stains;)

The Short Bus collection got a MAJOR boost at last weekend's VCC, thanks to a seller who shall remain anonymous but she has two colors in her board name.

Can you imagine a more action-packed cover than Picture Progress Vol 1 #5?

A photographer! A printing press! Floating on ominous red and green clouds against a static yellow sky!

pictureprog50001.jpg

Eh? Has anyone here ever seen a Buzzy the Crow movie? I have only the vaguest memory of seeing him in a few Harvey cartoons on TV, classic black stereotype crow with a voice imitating Eddie Anderson (Benny's Rochester).

buzzy0001.jpg

Jack

I like Harvey's quite a bit Jack, so if you have some more...post 'em!

buzzy0001.jpg

Jack

I like Harvey's quite a bit Jack, so if you have some more...post 'em!

I'll have to ask my pusher favorite VCC seller if I have any more Harveys.

Lots of unusual Pines like these

cbsdinky.jpg

with a bonus peek at the carpet in Ms Blu's comics room!

Again not Harvey, but I really like this Sagendorf Popeye cover.

popeye0001.jpg

Just look at the gooofy expression on that giraffe!

And while I'm counting unhatched chickens, check out what I won last night for only $2.01. A beat but complete 1940 comic book -- the seller touted the full page ad for the upcoming Bill Everett Hydroman feature in Heroic Comics. Is that an Abbie 'n' Slats cover?

famousfunnies76.jpg

And another double-digit Four Color issue! Yeah, that one cost well over $2, but I like it.

fourcolor35b.jpg

The Short Bus is getting crowded!

Jack